OOPic input over serial

With a Pic processor and the PCW compiler, I know how to get a string input over serial, get_char(), and I know how to convert that string
(ex. "23") into an integer. Is there anyway to do the same thing with a OOPic?
Basically, I am looking for a way to read in a string from hyperterminal (the string will end when enter is hit) and convert that string into an integer for use within the OOPic. The $Str() function will convert an integer into a string, is an easy way to do the opposite?
I have an OOPic B.2.2+.
Thanks, Tim
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:
You'll have to do this yourself. Take each ASCII digit and convert it to a number by subtracting 48 (I believe). Multiply that number by the position it holds, IOW, 123: 1 is x100, 2 is X10 and 3 is X1.
A Byte variable is good to a max of 255, a Word variable is good to 65535.
DLC
* Dennis Clark snipped-for-privacy@frii.com www.techtoystoday.com *