PicBasic Pro serout question

Ok. I know I missed the answer somewhere in all the offline/online literature,so I will ask the question here. I am doing a simple serout
program using PicBasic Pro on a PIC16F628A chip. Everything is working fine, but I need the serout instructions for clearing the screen and starting on a new line (linefeed) for Windows Hyperterminal program. I have tried all the LCD related instructions for clearing and new line, but hyperterminal doesn't seem to like them much. So, if anyone has that info, I would appreciate hearing from you. Thanks in advance.
artswan wrote:

Well -- ordinarily, most terminal emulators will give you a new line if you send them either a linefeed: 0xA (dec: 10), or a combination of carriage return and linefeed: 0xD(13) and 0xA (10). Occasionally you can just send a carriage return. The CR/LF sequence should always work.
As far as what character sequence will trigger a clear screen, this will depend on the terminal emulation mode you have hyperterminal set up for. The sequence for an ANSI terminal should be <ESC>[2J, where <ESC> is ascii character 0x1B (27 dec).
A complete list of ANSI escape sequences can be found at:
http://adm.lacitec.on.ca/~ymicha/mcours/micro1/escape.html
In any case, the LCD sequences won't work -- hyperterminal is a different beast.
Hope that helps -- m
--
(Replies: cleanse my address of the Mark of the Beast!)

Thanks for the help! That was just the info I needed. Now I can cleanup my screen.
:)
: artswan wrote: : > Ok. I know I missed the answer somewhere in all the offline/online : > literature,so I will ask the question here. I am doing a simple serout [snip] : Well -- ordinarily, most terminal emulators will give you a new line if : you send them either a linefeed: 0xA (dec: 10), or a combination of : carriage return and linefeed: 0xD(13) and 0xA (10). Occasionally you can : just send a carriage return. The CR/LF sequence should always work.
: As far as what character sequence will trigger a clear screen, this will : depend on the terminal emulation mode you have hyperterminal set up : for. The sequence for an ANSI terminal should be <ESC>[2J, where <ESC> : is ascii character 0x1B (27 dec). [snip]
Wouldn't a ASCII FF (0x0C) work as well for a clear screen?
DLC
: -- : (Replies: cleanse my address of the Mark of the Beast!)
: Teleoperate a roving mobile robot from the web: : http://www.swampgas.com/robotics/rover.html
: Coauthor with Dennis Clark of "Building Robot Drive Trains". : Buy several copies today!
* Dennis Clark snipped-for-privacy@frii.com www.techtoystoday.com *
Dennis Clark wrote:

I think this depends on the terminal emulation -- I just tried echoing this character over an ssh session with one of my machines, and it doesn't work, although ESC[2J works as expected.
Cheers -- m
--
(Replies: cleanse my address of the Mark of the Beast!)