Q fr journalist: state-of-the-art robotics

Hi. I'm a Swedish science journalist preparing an article about state- of-the-art robotics. Any tips of where I can find ground-breaking work
done in this field?
Best regards Svante
Add pictures here
✖
On Mar 28, 2:44 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

The IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA) will be held in May in Pasadena...you can get a pretty good idea from their webpage http://icra2008.usc.edu/ , you'll find all the contributors and I think the paper titles might be there too.
Kamilah
Add pictures here
✖
http://www.societyofrobots.com/robotforum/index.php?topic=1335.0
On Mar 28, 3:44 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Add pictures here
✖
On Mar 28, 2:44 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Here's a topic about advanced robotics I think is really neat.
Look up Kairos Autonmoni. http://www.kairosautonomi.com /
They have a kit they can strap onto any commercial vehicle with a steering wheel, and in under 4 hours convert it for remote or autonomous control. They used their system to enter and do pretty well in the second DARPA Grand Challenge.
Most people don't know about them yet.
They stopped in at my office a few weeks back. They showed us their HMMWV with their equipment in it. At the core of their control system is one of our ServoPod(TM)s. You can find out about our ServoPod(TM)s on our web site.
So this is very advanced robotics, and very current and exciting. Also something we (New Micros, Inc.) participated in.
Randy www.newmicros.com
Add pictures here
✖

Cool! Way to go guys!