rs232 temperature data read into PC , want to send as email

I am reading in some temperature sensor data, via RS232 (actually converted to USB via a CP2102 ), approx every hour into a Windows XP
PC. It reads fine into Windows Hyperterminal. I want to be able to send this data out via email as it comes it. Is there any application that can do this, free or commerical, please? I have searched using Google but not found anything. Lyndsay Williams www.girtonlabs.com
snipped-for-privacy@girtonlabs.com
On Tue, 1 Apr 2008, Lyn wrote:

Tcl/tk is a scripting language which runs on most OS/hw combinations, and has a simple serial interface which can read RS-232. Libraries are available which reduce the sending out of an email to a couple of lines based upon tcllib. I'd suggest you look at the ActiveState version of Tcl with batteries included, and refer to the comp.lang.tcl usenet group for assistance.
Oh, and Tk is the included toolkit language which make development of graphical user interfaces dead easy, with portable interfaces which look pretty good owing to the recent (tile) improvements to provide "themeing".
HTH, Rob.

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361D-01/lvhowto/send_email_from_vi /
While expensive, LabVIEW is very easy to do many such complex functions. The link above shows how to send an email. The VISA functions allow reading of a serial channel.
Randy www.newmicros.com

I made the below setup use a vbscript to send email from a simple programming language called just basic. You can run the vbscript with arguments using a batch file.
http://justbasic.conforums.com/index.cgi?board=shared&action=display&num 84377182
Hi Lyn,
I am not sure how familiar you are with programming, but in C# .net it is very easy to work with the serial port and sending a mail is almost even easier.
Have a look at those articles:
http://www.dotnetspider.com/namespace/ShowClass.aspx?ClassId 2 http://msmvps.com/blogs/coad/archive/2005/03/23/SerialPort-_2800_RS_2D00_232-Serial-COM-Port_2900_-in-C_2300_-.NET.aspx
It should be a project that can be accomplished in about an hour.
Yours sincerely,
    Patrick.