Small ARM board running capable of running Linux

I am looking for small embedded ARM board with ethernet+USB+multiple RS232+general purpose parallel I/O lines+multiple channel ADC+realtime clock
and capable of running Linux. (Am I sking too much?) Do you know ARM board with these specs?
"Don Gravos" <aaaa> wrote in message

clock
The new AT91SAM7X comes close, but no Linux. Other OS's however. See www.freertos.org/portsam7xiar.html
Regards, Richard.
http://www.FreeRTOS.org

Sorry, wrong link. This link shows the Ethernet and the USB on the SAM7X: http://www.freertos.org/portsam7xlwIP.html
Regards, Richard.
http://www.FreeRTOS.org
"Don Gravos" <aaaa> wrote:

A Gumstix, plus an EtherStix and a Robostix or Audiostix expansion boards would give you everything but the realtime clock. The serial ports are TTL level though, not RS232. The Robostix board has on on-board AVR which provides multiple GPIO and ADC, the Audiostix provides fewer A/D and GPIO but saves you having to write for two platforms (and you get audio - hence the name).
It is small (very small) and runs Linux out of the box.
http://www.gumstix.com /
Tim
--
You are being watched. This gives you power.

Tim Auton wrote:

I like the Gumstix, but they only have USB client.
I just ordered a Linkxys NSLU2. While this would still need something else for ADC and GPIO, it has Ethernet and 2 USB ports. It also has 1.5 serial ports (one of them is read only.
And yes, Linux runs on it.
http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki / -- http://enerd.ws/robots / D. Jay Newman

Oops, just noticed the USB requirement. Yes, the Gumstix folks are taking their time over sorting USB host. It's in the pipeline allegedly, but I'm not holding my breath.
Tim
--
You are being watched. This gives you power.

Don Gravos wrote:

embededarm.com - pretty much everything you need. You will need a daughterboard or two.

http://embeddedarm.com correct link
Any idea what the IO levels are ?
Found it in the manual http://embeddedarm.com/Manuals/TS-7200_Rev1.3.htm#DIOHeader 3.3V source 4mA sink 8mA not 5v tolerant.
Alex
Alex Gibson wrote:

Different parts of the board have different IO levels; 8 pins are 3.3V; others are 5V. You will need opto-isolators or similar in the real world (but don't you always?) You can also get daughter boards with 5V DIO.
I have one in hand and am building the power supply as we speak. Nice unit, tiny, but I have a bunch of work to do before I start playing with it - need to build a DIN rail mount for it, etc.

Why running Linux? Takes up a lot of room and adds a layer of complexity.
Just program the board most embedded systems don't have an RTOS anyway.
<aaaa> wrote:> I am looking for small embedded ARM board with ethernet+USB+multiple

How about the VCMA9? http://www.mpl.ch/t2730.html
I've used them, although with Nucleus rather than Linux, and they seem quite good.
--
Dave
mail da snipped-for-privacy@llondel.org (without the space)
"Don Gravos" <aaaa> wrote in message

You mean uclinux or linux ? How much do you want to spend ?
Usb host or just usb for programming / or usb to serial ?
www.gumstix.com as others have said.
Otherwise uclinux especially with arm7
Maybe one of the many lpc2xxx based boards
www.olimex.com/dev makes a few but not with all the features you want buy from sparkfun.com as can order online without faxing credit card details
http://www.olimex.com/dev/lpc-e2294.html
http://www.olimex.com/dev/cs-e9301.html this one may meet your requirements when its available
http://www.thearmpatch.com/lpc-sbc2.html
Blackfin stamp US$169 500MHz BF533, 128MB sdram , 4MB flash , 10/100 ethernet but no usb http://www.analog.com/en/epHSProd/0,,BF533-STAMP,00.html buy from digikey http://docs.blackfin.uclinux.org/doku.php?id=buy_stuff
http://www.blackfin.uclinux.org / http://blackfin.org /
http://www.revely.com/RMS100/AboutRMS100.htm no ethernet (could use an edtp.com packet whacker) download gcc port and app notes etc from sharp need a free login for the gcc port http://www.sharpsma.com/part.php?PartID 7
Alex

For full linux
Etrax from Axis http://developer.axis.com More recent chips can run a default 2.6 linux kernel
The ETRAX 100LX Multi Chip Module includes the ETRAX 100LX SoC plus 4 MB Flash, 16 MB SDRAM, Ethernet Transceiver, etc. This chip is ideal for Ethernet-connected Linux systems. http://developer.axis.com/doc/hardware/mcm/4+16/MCM_datasheet.htm http://developer.axis.com/products/etrax100lx/index.html
a.. 4 asynchronous serial ports a.. 2 synchronous serial ports a.. 2 USB ports Host 1.1 a.. 2 Parallel ports a.. 4 ATA (IDE) ports a.. 2 Narrow SCSI ports (or 1 Wide)
http://developer.axis.com/doc/index.html http://developer.axis.com/products/etrax100lx/18354_etrax_lx.pdf http://developer.axis.com/doc/hardware/mcm/4+16/MCM_datasheet.htm
http://www.acmesystems.it/ A nice small board , and its 5V tolerant
Alex
On Thu, 15 Sep 2005, Alex Gibson wrote:

I had a look at axis a little while back but I couldn't find any info on the MIPS rating. Also I found that the 10/100 Ethernet is slugged to a max 2 (or 2.5) MB/s. Somthing to do with the USB interface.
Regards Sergio Masci
http://www.xcprod.com/titan/XCSB - optimising PIC compiler FREE for personal non-commercial use
.

Which etrax chip ?
There is a whole range since 1993 http://developer.axis.com/products/etrax100lx/etrax_history.html
The 100LXsupports 100Mbs full duplex
They are used by Axis in their surveillance cameras one of their boxes has an etrax 100LX + TI DM642 + camera chip.
Also if the ethernet wasn't up to scratch , why would the chip get used in routers , network cameras , nas boxes etc ?
http://www.amsstorage.com/html/dakotarom-sp_specifications.html http://www.canon.com.au/products/multimedia/webview_webcasting_solutions/vbc10_ptz%20camera.html http://www.linuxdevices.com/products/PD3724998087.html http://www.elphel.com/model313/index.html http://www.elphel.com/3fhlo/index.html
Alex Elphel do seem to use broadcom ethernet on their cameras
On Sat, 17 Sep 2005, Alex Gibson wrote:

I didn't make a note at the time and now that I've gone back to check, the docs look different so I cannot say with any certainty. It was the one used on the Axis product.
Previously I saw no mention of seperate ethernet connections now I see that there is mention of a primary and secondary connection one going through an internal USB port and limited to 12MBit/s. Quote "Actual routing speed is ~XX MBit between the two interfaces"

You tell me. Why do some NIC's perform MUCH better than others even though they are all spec'd at 100MB?
Just because the hardware can pump out a packet at 100MBit doesn't meen it can sustain 100MBit throughput continuously.

http://www.canon.com.au/products/multimedia/webview_webcasting_solutions/vbc10_ptz%20camera.html
I must admit that when I first looked at the Axis docs I did not like what I saw and I felt it was possibly overhyped overpriced hardware jumping on the Linux bandwagon. I felt it was safer for me to alert people to a potential problem and for these same people to then check for themselves BEFORE buying the kit, than for them to buy the kit and find out AFTER the event that there was a problem.
Anyway thanks to your posting I will give this Linux on a chip thing much more scrutiny before dismissing it again :-)
Regards Sergio Masci
http://www.xcprod.com/titan/XCSB - optimising PIC compiler FREE for personal non-commercial use
.
Try this:
http://www.logicpd.com/eps/som/sharp/LH79524 /
There is a free 2.6.x linux port as well. goto http://www.sharpmcu.com . You can sign up for their freely available software library and it should be in there.
-Z
Sergio Masci wrote:

Oh ya...this is based on the LH79524 with a 77MHz ARM720T with ENET MAC, USB, ADC, RTC, GPIO, etc. There is a LCDC but if you don't need it, it's nearly free and leaves you with extra GPIO. There is a 16-bit data-bus version as well that may be easier to handle cause its a QFP rather than BGA. The QFP version is the LH79525.
www.cogcomp.com : CSB637 www.mechatronicbrick.dk could do the job with the right motherboard.
Both have Ethernet, USB Host + Client, 2 UARTs (chips got 4) SPI, I2C , GPIO, RTC. No ADC on the mech'brick AFAIK.
--
A. P. Richelieu

"Don Gravos" <aaaa> skrev i meddelandet
www.embeddedarm.com looks good too.