TableTop Challenge

Up here in Nothern California at the HomeBrew Robotics Club (http://www.hbrobotics.org ) we have an interesting challenge each year
that you might find interesting. We call it the TableTop Challenge. It is divided into the following 3 phases:
1. Have your tabletop robot go from one end of the table to the other without falling off. 2. Find a cube on the table and shove it off the table. The robot also must not fall off the table. 3. Find a cube on the table and shove it to a goal at the end of the table. The robot also must not fall off the table.
Each phase is conducted 2 months apart as to give members time to work on their bots to accomplish the tasks. There is no regulation on the cube dimensions nor what is considered a goal. Most people use a shoebox taped to the end of the table but other people have used their imaginations and come up with other configurations. All in all it is a lot of fun and we have a big turnout each year for these challenges. Not that this is a challenge not a competition. I recommend this to clubs and individuals alike.
Randy Hootman - President Modoro - Linux/Java Robots http://www.modoro.com