telerobot

Saw this for sale on eBay. Pretty cool! Here is the home page for it: http://home.twcny.rr.com/rmore/fam_bot.htm
I have no connection with the seller at all - just thought it was a
cool looking bot!
pogo wrote:

this does not ring true
it is a kewl looking bot tho!
a kewl looking 4WD bot was on Discovery t'other nite...a mine rescue thing
had the most exxcelent suspension!

was a

So you think it's fishy ? How come ?
pogo wrote:

Dunno, I was drunk at the time
Looks all right now
"Fulliautomatix"

Computers should have (at least for repeating offenders) those breath-in devices that won't allow you turn it on above a certain drunkness level (such as the ones found on DUI convicts). :-)

Stay from eBay during those times! :-)
pogo wrote:

Hmmmmnm -- very nice. I definitely need one of these. Time to look for a higher paying job...
--
(Replies: cleanse my address of the Mark of the Beast!)

Got an item number?
Michael
message

Yep - here it is. Didn't want to post it up front because I didn't want anyone thinking I was just advertising for eBay or the seller. Here it is: 280004101423
wow. that is a lot of servo/microswitch h-bridges. if only there were some way to control motors using some sort of semiconductor...
-chris
pogo wrote:

Hehehe, I wonder when they will invent something like that. <head scratching :-)>
I was thinking about it earlier, and if they are using RC servos to control h-bridges, then it is pretty much bang-bang right? If yes, I don't even want to think about how jerky the arms would be.
Cheers
Padu

What about trying Audio Power Amplifier I.C`s? A Quad-channel type with maybe 100W on each output?