telerobot

Saw this for sale on eBay. Pretty cool! Here is the home page for it:

I have no connection with the seller at all - just thought it was a cool looking bot!

Reply to
pogo

this does not ring true

it is a kewl looking bot tho!

a kewl looking 4WD bot was on Discovery t'other nite...a mine rescue thing

had the most exxcelent suspension!

Reply to
Fulliautomatix

Hmmmmnm -- very nice. I definitely need one of these. Time to look for a higher paying job...

Reply to
The Artist Formerly Known as K

Got an item number?

Michael

Reply to
Michael

Yep - here it is. Didn't want to post it up front because I didn't want anyone thinking I was just advertising for eBay or the seller. Here it is: 280004101423

Reply to
pogo

was a

So you think it's fishy ? How come ?

Reply to
pogo

wow. that is a lot of servo/microswitch h-bridges. if only there were some way to control motors using some sort of semiconductor...

-chris

pogo wrote:

Reply to
eckern

Hehehe, I wonder when they will invent something like that.

I was thinking about it earlier, and if they are using RC servos to control h-bridges, then it is pretty much bang-bang right? If yes, I don't even want to think about how jerky the arms would be.

Cheers

Padu

Reply to
Padu

What about trying Audio Power Amplifier I.C`s? A Quad-channel type with maybe 100W on each output?

------------------------------------------------------- Ashley Clarke

Ashley Clarke

Dunno, I was drunk at the time

Looks all right now

Reply to
Fulliautomatix

Computers should have (at least for repeating offenders) those breath-in devices that won't allow you turn it on above a certain drunkness level (such as the ones found on DUI convicts). :-)

Reply to
Padu

Stay from eBay during those times! :-)

Reply to