The robots are coming. From Hong Kong

http://www.wowwee.com /
The people who did Roboraptor (most successful electronic toy of 2005) are continuing to extend their line of little robots. They're doing
very well. They have little humanoids, dinosaurs, a panda, a good R/C ornithopter, and a realistic chimp head. Coming soon, a robotic Elvis.
These things are shipping in volume.
Robotics goes mainstream when the entry level price point gets below US$100.
                John Nagle

I thought you joking about the Robo Elvis. But you're not! The FlyTech is COOL ! jcd
John Nagle snipped-for-privacy@animats.com posted to comp.robotics.misc:

I dig that dragonfly.
No price is not important .
we are all writtting and talking Robots ,
which means we want better Robots.
But in the future we get good robots
and stop wasting our time arguing Robots .
The arguements indicate we are getting
trash , obsolete stuff .
Forced on us by gov't . Like Nuclear power
plants . in 20 years , no human will use
nuclear power , for anything .
there will be NO cars nor trucks after 2020 .
Gas will be under a $1 / gallon .