Transmitter and Receiver

Where can I find a transmitter and receiver combo that will reach 2000 ft. for controlling the board of a wheeled robot?

Bill

Reply to
William

Up to 3000 ' (900m) range (indoor/urban environments, @9600 RF data rate)

Reply to
Randy M. Dumse

Checked it out. Thanks. Bill

Reply to
William

You need to view all these answers in the light of most transmission ranges are given in terms of up to X, which means in any or more likely most conditions the range of effective transmission will be considerably less than X. In some common cases the transmission range may not be any where close to X, even for spotly transmissions. It all depends on your application, and how many messages you can lose, and whether your 2000ft figure is the real minimum or has engineering margin in it. In any case you need to be pre-pared to handle dropped messages in most transmission methods that get through what ever retransmission method the communication medium uses. Even in wired buses of reasonably short lenght, messages get dropped.

Reply to
Muddy

Nice product, but a little pricy.

I'm also looking for affordable solutions, but which are legal to use here in the UK.

I'm looking for a range of 700m-1km line of sight outdoors with an over the air data rate of about 9600bps and I don't mind trading off having to write software to drive it in exchange for a cheaper product.

(This is for a hobby project, so cost matters, but I don't mind spending the time to write software to drive a cheaper product.)

What I don't want to do is to have to design a PCB around something like the RF Solutions T7 modules (I really don't want to have to get into designing and producing PCBs), but I would be interested in hearing about anyone selling completed circuits for example.

I am open to all affordable ideas for a 700m-1km/9600bps range, regardless of specific technology.

Thanks for any information,

Simon.

Reply to
Simon Clubley

You could look at narrow band transmitters from Radiometrix. Unfortunately the ones we offer don't have the range you require.

Ken

KenHopkins

Thanks for the information. I think I have a lot of research to do and a lot to learn before I start building. Bill

Reply to
William