Subject Author Posted Replies

Robotics companies in and around boston/cambridge
Hi, all. Was wondering if anyone has a good list of companies in and around the Boston metro area which focus (at least in part) on robotics. Specifically, mobile robotics. I know of iRobot in...

How can I connect more than 1 RS232 device to a single micro?
Hi all, I'd like to connect more than one RS232-device to the one RS232 being free on my SBC. If I used RS485 I had to use a special prototcol, which besides the data containes the address of the...
7
7

Intronics Pocket Programmer I software?
Hi I have the old version of the Intronics Pocket Programmer (black, uses parallel port). I've had it for about 8 years and have since tossed out all of my old DOS disks... which unfortunately must...

Re: Low voltage - help
I've wired the 2 SD5443 diodes into an opamp circuit now but I still am unsure how to acheive the comparator results that I want. Does anyone have a sample circuit with diodes connected together by a...
7
7

Re: Cheap Pneumatic Components?
--Have you tried C&H Surplus
2
2

UAV needs
I'd like some feedback on Unmanned Autonomous Vehicles, particularly of the aviation kind. Are RC Servos the ultimate, or would digital PID control of gear motors be a desireable thing?
9
9

Minimum number of DOF
I've heard it said, it takes 26 degrees of freedom to simulate a human leg. Is this correct? What about other legs? Starting from Dan's site, I see R. J. Full has some thoughts on how legs compare. "1...
7
7

Anyone Used the CPU_3a2 HC11 board?
I was wondering if anyone has a CPU_3A2 board from the company PMB located in New Zealand, and has it working. I got one of their boards and have had quite a bit of trouble etting it up and running,...
5
5

WTB: Iota Systems 80C31 boards (EC-25, EC-35, EC-4x, etc)
Hello, I am working on an old custom robot project that used a couple of the old Iota Systems 80C31 based boards. I would like to have a spare board as well as an extra one for future expansion of the...
1
1

Help, it's my understading of the Inverse kinematics algorithm right?
I want implement the IK algorithm,but I haven't the slightest idea about IK before, after reading some papers and lecuture I downloaded from the internet, I still cann't fully understand it, the...
1
1

Re: Robot tutorial?
[posted and mailed] "Jones Bergmann" wrote in news:bb091f$991b$1 Hey Jones, You might like to take a look at my page, -- it's a step by step guide to putting together a small robot. Let me know if it...

cheap gears
Does anybody know where to find decent cheap plastic and metal gears (preferably someplace in North America)? Also, what are some secrets to making a gearbox run quietly? Thanks. Remove the NOSPAM in...
4
4

Evaluating measurements with high intrinsic error (interdisciplinary research)
With this message I would like to address people in research and development interested in collaborations evaluating a novel method for variables technically hard to measure. Recently I have...

Re: Suggestions to 'kill' static charges?
First of all, you should try to eliminate it at the printing system. Brush, radiation bar, etc. If you deal with an industrial equipment vendor for a "big money" static eliminator, they should...
3
3

Floating point chip
There is a guy that's posts here now and then, Runs a web site that features embedded processors that he's built that include floating point basic in the language. If anyone remembers him, can they...
2
2