Subject Author Posted Replies

Anyone seen/used Devantech's new head?
I happened on Devantech's new pan and tilt unit on their web site: looked into ther assembly manual. 'm not sure how I feel about the price: 45 lbs Sterling for 4 bent pieces of sheet metal, two...

Favorite SF Movies?
I am looking for suggestions for science fiction movies to watch in the future....what are your favorites? Thanks TMT
1
1

please help me about my ultrasonic project!please
hi everybody excuse me Ihave a project about ultrasonic for measurment of distance beetween two cars! its not for avoidance of hit!it for reducing the speed to keep the standard distance between two...
3
3

disappointing results with aluminum
So I bought some 1/6"-thick aluminum angle today, and also some reinforced metal cutoff wheels for my Dremel, and just tried them out. It was... unpleasant. The tool can cut the aluminum, to be sure,...
18
18

ingenious way of constructing an android
The has got to be the most ingenious way of constructing an android I have ever seen! This guy is talented! Because of the materials and his methods, it looks very biological. JCD
3
3

Wheelchair Motors
Hi, Can someone please explain why wheelchair motors are rated at 24V yet have a 12V brake? Is there a reason for the difference in voltages? Cheers, Michael
5
5

Interesting motion picture shown at 1940 worlds fair
Came across this on the "Prelinger Archives", which describes it as, "Tongue-in-cheek film showing a domestic robot freeing housewives of their chores...actually a promo showing how relays and...
2
2

Mars Exploration Rover Update - August 8, 2007
UPDATE: Martian Dust Begins to Settle -- Right on Top of the Solar Arrays - sol 1268-1273, August 8, 2007: Spirit is healthy and continues to ride out the dust storms on Mars. In fact, atmospheric...
2
2

IGBT module supplier from Kring Electronics CO., LTD.
My company(Kring Electronics CO., LTD.) am good at all kinds of Brand moudles GTR=A1=A2IPM=A1=A2IGBT=A1=A2DC-DC in Brand FUJI=A1=A2MIT=A1=A2EUPEC=A1=A2SEMIKON=A1=A2TOSHIBA=A1=A2VICOR. If you need any...

making an armature for a human-sized bot
Just when I'm getting a grip on electronics and programming, I realize that my next project has come to a screeching halt due to mechanics. :) I want to make a human-sized robot, but I'm unsure what...
5
5

my robot build log website
Hi, I have been working on a small 4 legged robot using Robotis Dynamixel AX-12+ networked servos and a custom built on board computer to be controlled via WiFi from ai software running on a desktop...
5
5

sources for rod plastic suitable for use in a glue gun ?
Anyone know of sources for rod plastic suitable for use in a glue gun ? And/or recommendations on different kinds / best kinds of plastic for that. I am just using it to make some small molded...
1
1

web cam versus digital camera
I need to determine the best imaging method for my book scanning robot. Up to this point I have been thinking of using a standard digital camera to capture the images. However I realized with the...
7
7

SKIROC ROBOTICS CLUB: U V PATEL COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING
----for details contact, Ashish Trivedi
1
1

inexpensive wheeled base for otherwise humanoid bot?
In this month's Servo, in the "Menagerie" section, there is a picture of a cool-looking robot that's humanoid from the waist up, but on a three-wheel base. It's inspired me; I'm thinking that...
6
6