Subject Author Posted Replies

Standardized Industrial Robot Programming and Certification
Attn all students looking for training: RCSA provides standardized Industrial Robotic Training and Certification. Our focus is to establish standards for robotic training in the fields of programming,...

The trouble with hobbyist-level robot hardware
There really hasn't been as much progress in hobbyist-level hardware in the past twenty years as there should have been. Computing has advanced enormously, yet most hobbyist robots are still using...
26
26

Steering characteristics of a 4-wheeled platform
Has anyone experimented with a 4x4 differentially steered robot platform? I'm sure everyone is familiar with tricycle layout with 2 drive wheels and a 3rd drag or trolley wheel. What I'm considering...
20
20

Serial SRAMs
Hi, I'm investigating whether I should start venturing into designing serial SRAMs. Could anyone typically help me with the following areas of interest ? I'm interested in designing a 256K - 1M Serial...

Brainstorming the best military robot
There are two, maybe three, readily available robots in the field now acting as personal assistants to military and security personnel. Some small to be carried like a briefcase, some larger. I...
15
15

Can you ID this motor?
I'm new to electronics and thought I was working with a DC motor. The reason I thought it was DC was becuase it was powered by a single AA battery. After reading the information at I'm thinking the...
3
3

used Scorpion motor boards with PC based servo controller ?
Has anyone used any of the Robot Power Scorpion motor control boards with a PC based servo controller ? reference: ! http://www.robotpower.com/products/Thanks

How To Interface PC To DC Motor?
I searched for a FAQ for this group, but came up empty. I'm sure this is a simple question for the hardcore, but I need some direction... If I want to connect my notebook computer running Linux to a...
8
8

AD: Robot Control Board Close Out
Hi guys, Element Products is clearing out the remaining inventory of the circuit board used in the McGraw Hill Sumo Bot Kit. The board would make an ideal controller for a custom robot or other...

Low cost Pocket Infrared Thermometer with Laser Marker from DSE
Hi Dick Smith Electronics (DSE) sells a low cost (A$49.96) "Pocket Infrared Thermometer with Laser Marker" (Cat No. Q1371) Is there any one out there who can tell me the part number (and specs) of the...

R/C servos that provide positional feedback to controller ?
Are there off-the-shelf hobby type servos on the market that can give feedback regarding their position? I'm thinking along the lines of a servo based arm that can be manually positioned, then have...
2
2

Why a resistor across R/C servo motor leads ?
After surfing around on the Lynxmotion site I came across an article showing how to modify a servo for continuous rotation. I've been doing that for a few years now, but what *does* puzzle me is the...
2
2

hobby servos "amplifier"
Hello everyone. There is a gizmo for hobby servos that is a set of gears that effectively "amplifies" the push/pull power of a hobby servo. I've seen them here and there, but can't think of what they...
7
7

robot controls
hi, i m an electronics engineer and want to make a android.. i have started in respect of my electronics.. to go ahead.. i need more respective mecnanical engineering behing robotic.. can any body...
2
2

is there a ratcheting servo device ?
Has anyone ever heard of a (hobby sized) servo device that would let you, say rotate a servo arm to close a pair of grippers, then lock it in place mechanically so you wouldn't need to keep powering...
6
6