24-29mm motor retainers

I hate it when I can't track down an old post. Some time in the last year or so, there was a company, I believe out of the UK, that was selling some 24-29mm aluminum motor retainers with flared nozzles.

Anybody remember these or was it just my imagination?

Reply to
SkyPirate

This is what you're looking for:

-- Joe Michel NAR 82797 L1

Reply to
J.A. Michel

Hey, those things are pretty cool. But I'm wondering if the cone would have a tendency to produce the Krushnick (sp?) effect. Any thoughts?

-- Drake "Doc" Damerau

NEPRA President NAR Section 614 NAR 79986 L3
Remove "My Shorts" to reply

Reply to
Doc

Thank you.

Reply to
SkyPirate

Looks like the nozzle diameter of the retainer may be well out of the way of the the exhaust from the motor nozzle ?!?!

Once at speed, could create a lower pressure zone and improve (?!?!) performance?

Nah... :-)

Andy

Reply to
Andy Eng

I agree, you're probably right about the Krushnick effect. But I think you can see my concern.

-- Drake "Doc" Damerau

NEPRA President NAR Section 614 NAR 79986 L3
Remove "My Shorts" to reply

Reply to
Doc

Here is some reviews on the 24mm, 29mm and 38mm Retainers.

Nick

Reply to
EMRR