A couple of questions on LEUP

Check out

they carry goex, swiss, & grafs (house brand)

$20 hazmat fee for shipping

Reply to
Kevin OClassen

There's yet another inconsistency in two sentences or less.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Please point out the "inconsistency" you speak of, if you can.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Because they don't want to emulate you "Big Fine Irvine"

Reply to
Phil Stein

That's why the judge told Jerry to sit down and shut up - his mouth wasn't closed so an order was issued. 8-)

Reply to
Phil Stein

Yeah - they should listen to "Big Fine Irvine" the rmr 'expert' on compliance issues.

Reply to
Phil Stein

I bought a propane heater and had batteries and inverters for AC power for Y2K.

in 2001, we had an ice storm take heat and power from my house for 4 1/2 days.

I had propane heat (and the monoxide I had to vent out the house) and some AC.

Today, I'd look at a guardian built-in generator for about $4K to do 50% of the house.

Reply to
AlMax

I WAS talking Thermite, not thermalite.

most of the guys I know making thermite have leups, sorry to imply you might need one. some of the powdered metals might be easier found with a leup.

you can hurt yourself making the stuff you know, copper thermite etc..

Reply to
AlMax

Which one? The rust (iron oxide - what gives it the brownish color), or the aluminum?

Bob Kaplow

I've had so many power issues (outages of up to 24 hours for no good reason, serious voltage sags on hot summer days) that I considered a backup generator for the house, but decided against it. If I did get one I'd get one that runs on natural gas. No fuel to mess with, and I've only lost the gas once in 15 years (just after NARAM last year), and they quickly came out to replace the old failed gas meter.

Bob Kaplow

Nope,

I just want to know what the law is so I can have fun. Looks like I'll have to wait awhile to see where the dust settles.

Kurt Savegnago

Reply to
Kurt

27 CFR 555.141-a-8

Sport rockets are EXEMPT.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Either in large quanities and small mils

Reply to
AlMax

I installed a generator and an "EmergenSwitch" 5 years ago. It turned out to be the smartest thing I did. The neighbors hate me for it. When the whole neighborhood is dark, I make sure to turn on lots of lights and watch a DVD. I think its the porch lights that really piss them off. ;-)

Doc

Reply to
Doc

Well ther ewas one power outage in the middle of a "critical" TV show I was watching. I took the portable (AC/DC) TV out to the car, pulled the car out of the garage, and sat in the driveway watching the show.

Bob Kaplow

No need to wait, you can have plenty of fun with high power rocketry right now.

A few folks have gotten LEUPs. Thousands more just buy and fly on-site. Then there are those sad, Nervous Nelly types who are so afraid of the big bad ATF boogieman that they don't even bother going to a launch and finding out what can be done in the real world.

Don't be a Nervous Nelly. Join us, and have fun! :)

Reply to
raydunakin