AAA WE DID IT!!!!!

And i hate commercials ;-)

Reply to
William Baur

Be the one of 10,000,000 persons who ignores it. On purpose!

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

And did you notice that TRA itself has still not donated a dime? NAR kicked in $1k. The scary part here is that TRA is actually getting paid by 1st TV/DSC for filming rights!

Pat G, as a TRA BOD member, can you explain why TRA is getting paid for the rights (money in), but did not make a contribution to this effort? NAR did, even though this was a TRA event!

Reply to
AZ Woody

You're behind the times, Woody. They've already stated that they will match the NAR's donation.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Ya, they said that, but haven't done it! Check out the "news" link on save rocketry. The goal was met without anything from TRA! I see NAR on the list, a bunch of clubs on the list, some individuals on the list, but no TRA! (and it seems that the site is tied with TRA, you'd think if the contribution had really happen, it would be on the list!)

Gosh Ray, once again you are showing "blind faith" in TRA! They have not contributed a dime at this point in time. As a TRA member, I find this really, really bad......

Reply to
AZ Woody

We (NEPRA) donated $300, but we are not on the list.

-- Drake "Doc" Damerau

NEPRA President NAR Section 614 NAR 79986 L3
Remove "My Shorts" to reply

Reply to
Doc

I hate to agree with Ray but, he's right.

MAYBE I'd agree with you if a different BoD member said it (but probaly not)

HELLO----WAKE UP!!!

Phil Stein

Phil Stein

Reply to
Phil Stein

TRA is practically broke with legal fees, insurance at $45 per member, and the membership declines from lack of motors and the BATFE crap. I wouldn't blame TRA for not donating.

TRA hasa a profit sharing agreement for the TV show and since it hasn't aired, there probably aren't any profits yet.

Brian Elfert

Reply to
Brian Elfert

NAR "pledged" $1k

TRA was expected to do "something" but frankly I find the fact this effort succeeded without TRA support helpful and telling. TRA is NOT the center of the rocket universe. Only the depressed, over regulated and declining portion.

That is a feature!

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

There's some post-facto TRA logic for ya!

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine