[AD] BigRedBee Holiday Special!

From now until December 31st, BigRedBee is offering $10 off the "BeeLine package deal".
For just $85 (plus shipping), you get a BeeLine transmitter, integrated
lithium polymer battery, single cell lithium poly battery charger, and serial interface adapter.
While you're browsing the BigRedBee website, make sure to take a look at the BeeLine GPS. While not available until early next year, it's a great way to locate those hard-to-find-rockets!
Ooops, that would be www.bigredbee.com/beeline.htm

the
How 'bout making a version that uses frequencies that don't require the license for the rest of us?????? I'd buy if it weren't for that.
--
Joe Michel
NAR 82797 L2

I appreciate the fact that you're making a great product that's reasonable in cost. Several of my club friends are using your transmitters and say good things about them.
As far as the license, it's not the cost but rather the hassle. I'd have to drive a 100 mile round trip to take the test. I've got a lot going on right now, so time is tough to come by. I just wanted to point out that if you had a product that did not require a license, you could up your market share.
--
Joe Michel
NAR 82797 L2

integrated
and
J.A. Michel wrote:

An amateur license is a piece 'o cake, Joe. $25 for the study guide, shipped (or do it online), plus $14 to take the test, and you're good to go.
-Kevin
Kevin Trojanowski wrote:

Yeah,
I passed an online practice exam but I am currently in my second month of learning morse code. Now I know one doesn't need code for a Tech license but I want to do it anyways. There are some nifty beacon boards I wish to integrated with some home made transmitters for a nice tracking system. One can make a cheap yagi antenna and plug it into a scanner an go tracking. The Beeline unit sounds reasonable as you don't have to build it.
Kurt Savegnago
Kurt Savegnago
Kurt wrote:

I had started studying morse code, but ran out of time. I'd like to get back to it, "just because".
-Kevin
Kevin Trojanowski wrote:

Kevin,
This is the free program you need to practice on your computer. Download it from there. I even have it running in Linux under the Wine emulator.
http://justlearnmorsecode.com /
Kurt Savegnago