Burt's at it again!

That'd be Dick Rutan...

Duh...

tah

Reply to
hiltyt

I agree. This is very cool. But what's this about a record? The Germans were flying rocket-powered planes during WWII, and I'd be surprised if one of those guys didn't come down someplace other than their home field; crashes due to enemy action not withstanding.

Cheers, Dave Ambrose

Reply to
Dave Ambrose

It was a record for that WEIGHT class of rocket powered craft. Plus the X-cor rocketplane can shut down and restart it's engines midair.

Just 12 miles south of Mojave Spaceport.

It would make an nice B/G - R/G.

Reply to
Starlord