Everyone in the RMS family needs to read this and show it to their wives, etc...

lots of pic submissions from people showing how they set theirs up....

go for it guys! see if she goes for it or sends you sleeping on the couch..

Craig

crw59

...four guitars...amateur...

Reply to
Rufus

what's your guitar count? I have around 13 now...most in storage now...

Craig

Reply to
crw59

You're ahead of me - I have nine, one of which is unservicable...my Charvel 12 string acoustic. I gave it to a local faux-luthier for some repair work and he completely ruined it. I'll never patronize him again.

My last was that '59 Dano...I'm due for another soon I guess. Still looking for a Strat and a couple acoustics, but I have a real hankering for a one of these at the mo'...drool...

Rufus

I think "mantuary" is a less-than-masculine term, but the idea is sound. I've always had a place like that.

Reply to
mholt

Ha! I *have* a room of my own. In fact I have a *house* of my own. I can no longer cater for overnight guests (unless I know them very *very* well...) because my second bedroom no longer has a bed. Instead it has a modelling workbench at one end and a computer station at the other.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

Guests get the futon my living room - one spare is full if kits, and the other is a recording studio. With a sofa bed.

Reply to
Rufus

Guests get the pub down the road. Cheap bed and breakfast, nice accommodation and a lovely pint. :-D

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

...all I've got down the road is a chemo treatment center. Across town there's a nice new Marriott, though...going there for a dinner tonight. First time.

Reply to
Rufus

Ooh! Bon appetit! 'scuse my French. ;-)

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

i can't remember his name, but there's a brit who makes really good electrics. billy bragg has 4, i think, and really swears by them. ring any bells? i'll try to get a name.

Reply to
someone

and kits in every nook and cranny?

Reply to
someone

The Stash is in another room. I'm locked in mortal combat with it as it seems to be making a valiant effort to take over the whole house!

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

This is the famous one:

There's also a famous acoustic guitar maker in England by the name of Rob Armstrong.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

Guyton and Zemaitis spring to mind on the UK side...the Doozys are German originally, and just opened shop over here - Tom Petty and his crew are playing them, and Ron Wood also has a sig model. Wood plays Zemaitis guitars, too.

If I had unlimited funds, I'd buy one of these from Guyton -

...just finished putting a set of grips on my '03 - way past time for it...man, was that left one a be-atch to get off. Somebody went overboard with the grip cement. Now I notice my rear-bag is popping the seams at the sissybar loop...gotta run that by the paraloft and see if they can do anything about that for me. If it ain't one thing, it's something else...

Reply to
Rufus

It's a rehab centre across the road from me. The place was originally built as an old people's home dedicated to New Zealand's war dead. It just goes to to show how public spending priorities have altered over the years.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

...any relation to Kent and/or Dan Armstrong?

Reply to
Rufus

on 5/4/2008 2:31 PM snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net said the following:

The whole basement is my man-room. Got my model shop, computer room, TV with cable box, VCR and DVD player, dart board, small refrigerator, microwave, and a couch to take naps on. The only thing I don't have is a sink and urinal, which is my next project. The sink is for supplying water for my model shop and hand washing, and the urinal is because I suffer from an enlarged prostate which requires that I urgently have to go to the bathroom about 10 times a day. The bathroom is upstairs, and God forbid if someone is using it. The beer I keep in my fridge doesn't help much either.

Reply to
willshak

I don't think so.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

It's the same thing isn't it? :o)

You may have problems installing any kind of plumbing below ground level. Mine emptied into an open sump which then had to be pumped out electrically.

(kim)

Reply to
kim