Our family visit to Railworld

Quote :- "In the heart of Peterborough, Railworld is a fun and
informative visitor attraction for the whole family."
WRONG ! Our visit to Railworld has taught me an invaluable lesson
for the future ....... Don’t bother to visit any attraction which has
basically a text only website.
Yes we know :-
“ Railworld is an independent organisation and has no direct finance
from the local authority or government. Railworld’s income comes from
admission tickets, grants, room hire, land hire, and kind donations. “
and is run by volunteers but ......
Most of the exhibits were rusty, the grounds were unorganised and full
of weeds, the toilets had no hot water ( quote ‘yet’ ), the model
railway was STILL under construction, the buildings looked like old
building site cabins and the constant reminder ( OK it’s an new
angle ) about ‘global warming’ was a bit OTT.
It’s not all bad, their wildlife haven is still in it’s early days so
will take time to develop and mature. The viewing platform, which
overlooks the national electrified and standard lines, is a good
idea. The Education Centre known as Globe Hall looks promising from
the outside but time will tell. Children can enter free with adults @
£3 each.
The trustees have “refocused their efforts, from past to present and
so to sustainable transport”, they have, in our opinion, done this
too early in Railworld’s short life.
Railworld was developed from the Nene Valley Railway and in principle
is an “international museum” to complement the National Railway Museum
@York ?
The most interesting part of Railworld is Stephenson the Railworld
Cat .... and we don’t like cats !
Sorry !
Reply to
Dragon Heart