ATF backdoor expansion of requirements?

As part of the requirements under the Paperwork Reduction Act, the ATF periodically publishes notices in the Federal Register. The notice published Thursday caught my eye:

The notification of the Fire Marshal (I note that even the ATF has trouble with the two "l"s thing) I understand as that is actually required by the regulations at 27 CFR 555.201(f)

But this part about notifying the chief law enforcement officer is new. When I renewed my permit two years ago I did notify the local Fire Marshal but no one else. The ATF investigator made no mention of notifying law enforcement either.

It looks time for another comment to the feds.

Reply to
David Schultz

I'm just glad it says "notify" an not "request permission" !

-- Greg

Greg Clark