BAR in need of help - Home Depot cellulose ejection wadding?

Fred, My own daughter was hospitalized for two days when she was 18. We found 4 large bags of wow under her bed and she latter said that was all she was eating so she would not get fat.

Their have been lawsuits. most not won due to big lawyers on the other side.

almax

psychiatric

young girls do many things to keep from getting FAT in today's world Ray. they see on TV that if they are FAT, no one likes them.

They see on TV if they eat WOW, they won't get fat. the original comericals here many years ago, all showed lovly 18-20 year olds in swim suits eating a Large bag on their beach chair.

It seems the girls that already are skinny are the ones all worried about getting fat.

I agree they should not be able to sue, we didn't, but some people still do.

Reply to
almax

Why worry about the mantis Dance ?

While at lowes or home depot, go to the pvc pipe section, and get some 1 inch or bigger pvc legs. get one of those three way 45 degree thing-er-does and put the legs into it. Drill a hole for the 1/4 rod in the middle of the 45 degree three way thinger do.

Put the rod int he hole, house hold goop it in, put your blast defector over the rod.

and bada-bing, a super sturdy launch pad for under $10.

heck, you can make up a swivel thingy as well, and have a semi-clone of the NCR pad.

Reply to
almax

Thanks for the answers and advice. To the responses that degenerated into a discussion of "anal leakage", all I can say is, Yuck!

Reply to
Joel Ransbottom

For discussions that don't degenerate from wadding, to wow chips, to anal leakage, I invite you to visit

message

Reply to
Dlogan

Yep, just like the acne treatment ads that always show kids with perfect skin worrying about zits. Advertising sucks, and should not be mistaken for reality.

I agree that the pressure on girls these days is horrible and can contribute to serious body issues. I hope your daughter is doing better these days.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Hey, I did the same thing with rhubarb. I sat in a patch eating it until my tongue swelled up and developed white spots (probably swollen taste buds.) That really turned me off to rhubarb for years. Boy, the dumb things we did when we were young. Hopefully we've grown out of it. ;)

Mark E. Hamilton NAR #48641-SR ARSA #418

Reply to
Mark Hamilton

Hey, thanks for the tip on the forum. I'll be spending much more time browsing over there now I think.

Reply to
Joel Ransbottom

I've found availability spotty at least around me. I don't know if some local codes don't allow it, thus it's not available in those areas, or what. Keep looking and broaden your search area if necessary. Or ask the local folks where they got theirs.

The original Mantis rod is bad. As is the pad itself. It has a lot of wobble and can fling your rocket in a random direction at launch. Better to get something solid, or build from scratch. For the size rocket that you'd fly off a pad like this, get a stainless 1/4"x6" rod.

Bob Kaplow

My wife gets sick eating a single SERVING of WOW chips. Some folks can not tolerate the stuff they used in WOW and other supposed low-fat chips. I don't recall any such warning on the bag.

Bob Kaplow

IIRC they contain a fat substitute that the body can't absorb, but causes bad reactions to some people. Like my wife.

Bob Kaplow

And some people get sick from this.

Perhaps because Michaels doesn't carry any rockets that need D12-0 or D12-7. But they DO carry the Big Daddy, and none of its recommended motors.

Bob Kaplow

If your rockets are heading off in random directions Bob, perhaps try a rod longer than 6 inches. Did you mean 6 feet? Almost as bad. 1/4" x

6' rods are too "whippy", best to keep the 1/4" rods down to 4 feet don't you think? (The Mantis rod is 4 feet)

My old Mantis served me well until I melted it with an H180.

-Jeff Taylor

Reply to
Jeff Taylor

Yes, I meant 1/4"x6'.

The problem with the Mantis pad is in the design of the base. The offset cantilever plus angled blast deflector torques the whole unit when the rocket is launched, inducing rod whip regardless of the rod length. The flimsy plastic enhances the effect. A (stainless) steel rod will whip less than the stock aluminum rod.

Bob Kaplow

It's a desert topping AND a floor wax!

Reply to
Fred Shecter

That's similar to what I built. I chose the cruciform union with four legs flat on the ground. i use a 1/4" rod 6 feet long and I retain it with a collar that came with a set-srew that I replaced with a thumbscrew with the same thread. I do have to make a tiny dent in the grond to make it sit flat, so the collar can sit in the dent. One kick in the dirt or simply lifting a rock from the ground makes a dent.

Never falls over or dances. Cost: under $2 for the pad, under $2 for the collar and screw and $4 or $5 for the rod. For a deflector I used a Dude Deflector since I had a few of those laying around from my Dude sets.

Reply to
Fred Shecter

I wonder how well it would work for reloadable motor assembly grease?

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Our Michaels carried the Big Daddy (now dropped) and the C11-3 and D12-5. They still carry the motors and added the Screaming Mimi.

Reply to
Fred Shecter

It's the getting it out of the 'container' and applying it that is painful...

David Erbas-White

David We>Fred Shecter wrote:

Reply to
David Erbas-White

I wonder how it would work as a hybrid fuel.

Reply to
Eric Ellington