Best Rated threads in Model rockets forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

MICRO-Micromax!
Now *this* is cool! Too bad they don't go too much into detail. I'd like to know the propellant mix... will those folks at Beserkly think of next?! tah http://www.me.berkeley.edu/mrcl/rockets.html

Your opinion is requested (App0721)
We would like your anonymous opinions on some very controversial issues. If you would like to participate in a survey on these issues, please go to: responses will remain confidential and anonymous.

Mylar balloon = parachute?
Hi all, It seems trivial, but I'm looking for any tips on completing some mylar chutes made from those round balloons you see everywhere. I'm not talking contest-grade here, just something usable for,...
8
8

Estes vs. Aerotech
If I have a rocket that uses 24mm Aerotech motors, can I use 24mm Estes motors in the same rocket? I ask this because the Estes motors are cardboard-encased and have the nozzle inside the tubular...
32
32

New rocket and a missile launch at Markham Park
Comet launched with a C6-5, streamer recovery: flipped the switch on an Orbital Transport purchase, maybe a test launch by Sunday? Red Max: launched this one in my neighborhood and dropped it about...

Krushnick Effect
Greetings! I'm desinging a high performance rocket whhere there is a CofG advantage to locating the motor well into the body tube. My question is: does the Krushni(c)k Effect kick in suddenly as the...
32
32

Katyusha propellant
Speaking of rocket fuel (re: onion atricle), can anyone hazard a guess at the propellant used in katyusha rockets? The reason I ask is because it seems like it is a fairly long burning engine with...
8
8

terbilion rocket!
just wondering if it would work to atach a terbilion or somthing similar like a cathrine whell to the nose in a horisontal position but with the drivers facing at an 45degree angle to conpensate for...
2
2

Contrail Rockets 54mm Sale
Starting Now, Contrail Rockets entire line of 54mm Motors is on sale. All prices of Contrail 54mm Hardware and Reloads is 25% off. This 25% off sale is for a limited time only, and will run for 2...
2
2

Estes Max Trax Altimeter Question
Yesterday on a lark I picked up a Max Trax to play around with the altimeter it has. After a cursatory looking over it seems not a barometric type, so I guess it's a type like a bottom of the line...
9
9

[F-FT] A new anti-zipper design
All of the following information is considered copyrighted, but may be used with proper attribution to the author OK, I mentioned in another thread that I had just launched a slightly modified PML D...
16
16

To Barry Tunick and Estes...
Dear Barry Your new kits are cool. But please fill in the blank and release a SpaceShipOne ASAP. Thanks! Really. No someone else didn't get access to my account. Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L TRA # "Impeach...
35
35

Non-Toxic Epoxy Needed
I need a safe epoxy. Our parrots are sensitive to toxins, especially those ingested by a respiratory route. Think "canary" and "mine." Same concept. FixIt binary putty is sold by Apogee for making...
43
43

Testor's Paint Question
I got some Testors Transparent Candy Apple Red paint to do a rocket with today. The directions say to paint it over a base of silver, gold, or metallic copper, and to spray mist coats of color until...
6
6

Question on nitrate dope and flammability
O.k., some background. I've been working on a rocket glider project, which will be balsa & ply construction and have balsa sheeted wings. My plan is to cover with silkspan & dope, then apply primer...
9
9

Aerotech Initiator?
Folks I've been out of rockets for a couple of years and just came accross it all in the attic. 99% of it was the estes stuff. I was preparing to get into hpr with the aerotech kit a few years ago. Is...
3
3

shock cord length
What length of shock cord would I need for this rocket? Is there a formula for this? approx. weight 2.5 - 3 lb length 48" chute 36" 1/4 round (umbrella) shock cord used is 1/8" kevlar bungee attached...
32
32

Questions from RMS nooB
I recently received an Aerotech RMS 29/40-120, my first reloadable system. Not wanting to look like a total fool when I went to the local launch, I figured a practice assembly and static firing was in...
2
2

Corrected- Good Shunting/arming switch
Missleworks has a good dipole switch that's made to order for easy on/off switch for ejection charges or staging igniters that can be wired to shunt in the off position. It is turned on/off via small...

Bunnell Blast invitation to all....
NEFAR is a rocketry organization the encompasses National Association of Rocketry Section #563 and Tripoli North Florida (TRA Prefect #35), as well as an independent experimental rocketry group. Who...
5
5