Best Rated threads in Model rockets forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

has anyone heard from Neil Tarasoff lately?
Wondering where he's been? I havent seen his post for a while and emails I sent him a few months ago wasnt answered....
1
1

MICRO-Micromax!
Now *this* is cool! Too bad they don't go too much into detail. I'd like to know the propellant mix... will those folks at Beserkly think of next?! tah http://www.me.berkeley.edu/mrcl/rockets.html

Your opinion is requested (App0721)
We would like your anonymous opinions on some very controversial issues. If you would like to participate in a survey on these issues, please go to: responses will remain confidential and anonymous.

Mylar balloon = parachute?
Hi all, It seems trivial, but I'm looking for any tips on completing some mylar chutes made from those round balloons you see everywhere. I'm not talking contest-grade here, just something usable for,...
8
8

Estes vs. Aerotech
If I have a rocket that uses 24mm Aerotech motors, can I use 24mm Estes motors in the same rocket? I ask this because the Estes motors are cardboard-encased and have the nozzle inside the tubular...
32
32

New rocket and a missile launch at Markham Park
Comet launched with a C6-5, streamer recovery: flipped the switch on an Orbital Transport purchase, maybe a test launch by Sunday? Red Max: launched this one in my neighborhood and dropped it about...

Krushnick Effect
Greetings! I'm desinging a high performance rocket whhere there is a CofG advantage to locating the motor well into the body tube. My question is: does the Krushni(c)k Effect kick in suddenly as the...
32
32

Katyusha propellant
Speaking of rocket fuel (re: onion atricle), can anyone hazard a guess at the propellant used in katyusha rockets? The reason I ask is because it seems like it is a fairly long burning engine with...
8
8

terbilion rocket!
just wondering if it would work to atach a terbilion or somthing similar like a cathrine whell to the nose in a horisontal position but with the drivers facing at an 45degree angle to conpensate for...
2
2

Contrail Rockets 54mm Sale
Starting Now, Contrail Rockets entire line of 54mm Motors is on sale. All prices of Contrail 54mm Hardware and Reloads is 25% off. This 25% off sale is for a limited time only, and will run for 2...
2
2

Estes Max Trax Altimeter Question
Yesterday on a lark I picked up a Max Trax to play around with the altimeter it has. After a cursatory looking over it seems not a barometric type, so I guess it's a type like a bottom of the line...
9
9

[F-FT] A new anti-zipper design
All of the following information is considered copyrighted, but may be used with proper attribution to the author OK, I mentioned in another thread that I had just launched a slightly modified PML D...
16
16

To Barry Tunick and Estes...
Dear Barry Your new kits are cool. But please fill in the blank and release a SpaceShipOne ASAP. Thanks! Really. No someone else didn't get access to my account. Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L TRA # "Impeach...
35
35

Non-Toxic Epoxy Needed
I need a safe epoxy. Our parrots are sensitive to toxins, especially those ingested by a respiratory route. Think "canary" and "mine." Same concept. FixIt binary putty is sold by Apogee for making...
43
43

Testor's Paint Question
I got some Testors Transparent Candy Apple Red paint to do a rocket with today. The directions say to paint it over a base of silver, gold, or metallic copper, and to spray mist coats of color until...
6
6