Cell Phones for Rockets?

I have several cell phones lying around after switching to newer models and
a different carrier. I was wondering if the phones can be used for telemetry
or GPS functions. Has anyone done anything in this area?
Reply to
Arnold Roquerre
I guess you could call and find out where it landed....(really...I do have a serious side)...worth thinking about certainly...
Reply to
Hippiestew
LOL! Cool! New voicemail greeting!
tah
Reply to
hiltyt
And me LOL!
Reply to
sluff
Sal (Muppet) has used a cellphone as a rocket, it was an old Ericsson, with a 2 motor cluster! It was "interesting"!!
-- Paul. =================================== Expect the worst, hope for the best..... That way dissapointment is easier to handle!! ===================================
Reply to
paul
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Hippiestew) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m29.aol.com:
What about those GPS tracking bracelets made for children?
Reply to
Jim Yanik
I've tried launching my children, and they just won't hold still (even if I give them a cell phone).
-- David
Reply to
David
"Jim Yanik" wrote in message
Last time I looked at thoes the bracelet actually talked to a module on the belt. Of course they did not make it obvious from the ad.
RDH8
Reply to
Robert DeHate
I tried (for my child)one of the bracelets with little luck. Now using a cell phone for tracking ... I can see on the web the location and establish geo-fences. Cool stuff ... There are many providers, but I am currently using addressbook.com.
Reply to
Mark Proko