Cell Phones for Rockets?

I have several cell phones lying around after switching to newer models and a different carrier. I was wondering if the phones can be used for telemetry or GPS functions. Has anyone done anything in this area?

Reply to
Arnold Roquerre

I guess you could call and find out where it landed....(really...I do have a serious side)...worth thinking about certainly...

Reply to
Hippiestew

BB

LOL! Cool! New voicemail greeting!

tah

Reply to
hiltyt

And me LOL!

Reply to
sluff

Sal (Muppet) has used a cellphone as a rocket, it was an old Ericsson, with a 2 motor cluster! It was "interesting"!!

-- Paul. =================================== Expect the worst, hope for the best..... That way dissapointment is easier to handle!! ===================================

Reply to
paul

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Hippiestew) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m29.aol.com:

What about those GPS tracking bracelets made for children?

Reply to
Jim Yanik

I've tried launching my children, and they just won't hold still (even if I give them a cell phone).

Reply to
David

Last time I looked at thoes the bracelet actually talked to a module on the belt. Of course they did not make it obvious from the ad.

RDH8

Reply to
Robert DeHate

I tried (for my child)one of the bracelets with little luck. Now using a cell phone for tracking ... I can see on the web the location and establish geo-fences. Cool stuff ... There are many providers, but I am currently using addressbook.com.

Reply to
Mark Proko