We buy-back broken and damaged cell-phones of all brands. Thank you!

Attention! Sorry to interrupt!

To All Interested.

We buy-back broken and damaged cell-phones of all brands. Thank you!

contact:

<andrzejfronc

How do you use them on model railroads?

Reply to
Steve Hayes

Before DCC became popular, there was an advanced block control system that was based on cells. The cell phone circuitry can be rewired to be used in a model railroad cell control system.

Reply to
Ken Rice

Like this: "Hi honey, I'm home! Sorry I'm so late coming back from the hobby shop [ or club layout / train show / railfan trip]. I'm sure you tried to call me to tell me it was time to leave... ...but my cell phone was broken."

Every model railroader should have a broken cell phone.

Reply to
Mark Mathu

salvé "Steve Hayes" skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@news.saix.net...

I read an article in "Allt Om Hobby" the Swedish magazine about a guy who had his yuppie phone sorted so it remote controlled a model boat , all functions were controlled from the phone, I dare say it could be used on a railway in the same way. Beowulf

Reply to
Beowulf

Ken,

Home wireless phones can be used with an adapter to control Lenz DCC systems. I have never seen a cell phone used. What control system are you think of? There was a infared system( 'Katnip', IIRC) that controlled normal DC analog engines in the 80's, but I have seen nothing that uses a cell phone...

Jim Bernier

Ken Rice wrote:

Reply to
Jim Bernier

think of? There was a infared system( 'Katnip', IIRC) that controlled normal

That was a joke answer.

Reply to
Ken Rice