Cigar tube or other long skinny tube wanted

I'm searching for some long skinny tubes with resealable caps. 6" or even longer. The only thing that comes to mind is a cigar tube. Plastic or metal
would work, but I'd rather avoid glass, since they could break. Even better if they are about the same OD as the AA Maglite. Any one know where I can get some, sans cigars? If there's a cigar smoker out there, I'd be glad to pay shipping for a handful of empties.
Yes, this is rocket related. I'm looking for something to store HPR ignitors in a "spares" kit that will keep them from being crushed in my pocket.
Bob, I have a cigar case made of heavy polyvinyl type plastic. It holds three cigars of about 6x52, that would be 6" by about 5/8" in dia. The case is in two sections with the top sliding down on the bottom. Would this help?
--
R. J. Talley
Teacher/James Madison Fellow

I don't think so. THanks.
Send me a box of cigaars & I will send the tubes back to you. or you could go to the the cigar store & take them out of the tube yourself.
Phil Stein
On 19 Nov 2003 07:43:49 -0600, kaplow snipped-for-privacy@encompasserve.org.TRABoD (Bob Kaplow) wrote:

Phil Stein
Phil Stein wrote:

:-D Hah!

--

Chuck Rudy

VooDoo Digital Productions
Bob Kaplow wrote:

McMaster-Carr, if you want a lot of them. http://mcmaster.com Page 1368.
The McMaster Meister strikes again...
Thanks for your help at Three Oaks Dean.
Bob Chmara

even
Bob Chmara wrote:

You are welcome.
So what's your trick to taking home an armload of goodies from the raffle? :-) Bruce did pretty good, too.
I've been surprised by the complete lack of anyone mentioning the event. No snow. Mud. Nice land owner. While carrying Kip's rocket back I walked by the land owner and thanked him for use of the land. His response was, "Just have fun." Nice guy.
Dean

Real simple. Propellant casting tubes and caps. RCS overcharges for them or I could send you some pre-cut to specific lengths and everything for somenominalfee. Then you could brag for decades you got "ripped off by Jerry Irvine".
Jerry

Are these plastic tubes, or just the paper liner like "they" use? What diameters do you have?

Paper liner and plastic tube caps.
Oh, probably 3/4 OD, 13/16", 15/16", 1", 1-5/16" that can be any length, and 1.125x 2". If you bought a bunch then 5/8" OD too.
Be very careful what you wish for.
Merlin Missile Solutions as capped plastic tubes they market as "Protective containers for RMS motors", that may do the trick
they look exactly like the tubes my Pro-38 cases came in
http://merlinmissiles.com/rms_cases.html
- iz
Bob Kaplow wrote:

kaplow snipped-for-privacy@encompasserve.org.TRABoD (Bob Kaplow) wrote in

How about one of those toothbrush travel holders,or whatever they really are called? To store your toothbrush in when you travel.Wal-Mart,or some drugstore ought to have them.
--
Jim Yanik,NRA member
jyanik-at-kua.net

That was actually the backup idea if I don't find anything better...
Bob,
I use sections of PVC pipe with end caps. The caps just friction fit over the ends of the pipe.
Regards, Michael Newton
snipped-for-privacy@direcway.com (Michael Newton) wrote:

That's called "probable cause". Pipe bombs in your range box.

No, it's called a simple plastic container.
You're probably right though, Bob will probably be better off with a cigar bomb. <g> Regards, Michael Newton

I've got some fly type boxes for my emergency field kit that fits in a shirt pocket. IIRC it's #3414. I've even done some surgery on it to take some of the tiny compartments and make larger ones from them. But it's just not long enough for HPR ignitors without folding them more times than I'm comfortable with. Thus the tube search.
If the box you have is from Plano, please look at it and tell me the part number. I'll track one down. I've even hit their factory outlet / resale shop a couple times and picked up a load of bargains. Their scratch and dent stuff is 100% usable, and usually about 50% off list price.
snipped-for-privacy@direcway.com (Michael Newton) writes:

That's what started me on the search. I'm looking for something thinner and lighter. Right now I'm using "pog" containers that are 6-12" tall from AS&S, but I'm looking for something that will fit in one of the loops designed to hold the 2AA maglites...

Did you even see my post on the topic?