Cigar tube or other long skinny tube wanted

I'm searching for some long skinny tubes with resealable caps. 6" or even
longer. The only thing that comes to mind is a cigar tube. Plastic or metal
would work, but I'd rather avoid glass, since they could break. Even better
if they are about the same OD as the AA Maglite. Any one know where I can
get some, sans cigars? If there's a cigar smoker out there, I'd be glad to
pay shipping for a handful of empties.
Yes, this is rocket related. I'm looking for something to store HPR ignitors
in a "spares" kit that will keep them from being crushed in my pocket.
Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L TRA # "Impeach the TRA BoD"
>>> To reply, remove the TRABoD!
Reply to
Bob Kaplow
Bob, I have a cigar case made of heavy polyvinyl type plastic. It holds three cigars of about 6x52, that would be 6" by about 5/8" in dia. The case is in two sections with the top sliding down on the bottom. Would this help?
Reply to
Reece Talley
Send me a box of cigaars & I will send the tubes back to you. or you could go to the the cigar store & take them out of the tube yourself.
Phil Stein
Phil Stein
Reply to
Phil Stein
McMaster-Carr, if you want a lot of them.
Page 1368.
Reply to
Dean Roth
Real simple. Propellant casting tubes and caps. RCS overcharges for them or I could send you some pre-cut to specific lengths and everything for somenominalfee. Then you could brag for decades you got "ripped off by Jerry Irvine".
Jerry
Reply to
Jerry Irvine
kaplow snipped-for-privacy@encompasserve.org.TRABoD (Bob Kaplow) wrote in news:ORSv$ snipped-for-privacy@eisner.encompasserve.org:
How about one of those toothbrush travel holders,or whatever they really are called? To store your toothbrush in when you travel.Wal-Mart,or some drugstore ought to have them.
Reply to
Jim Yanik
:-D Hah!
Reply to
Chuck Rudy
The McMaster Meister strikes again...
Thanks for your help at Three Oaks Dean.
Bob Chmara
Reply to
Bob Chmara
I don't think so. THanks.
Bob Kaplow
That was actually the backup idea if I don't find anything better...
Bob Kaplow
Bob,
I use sections of PVC pipe with end caps. The caps just friction fit over the ends of the pipe.
Regards, Michael Newton
Reply to
Michael Newton
That's called "probable cause". Pipe bombs in your range box.
Reply to
Jerry Irvine
That's what started me on the search. I'm looking for something thinner and lighter. Right now I'm using "pog" containers that are 6-12" tall from AS&S, but I'm looking for something that will fit in one of the loops designed to hold the 2AA maglites...
Bob Kaplow
Did you even see my post on the topic?
Reply to
Jerry Irvine
No, it's called a simple plastic container.
You're probably right though, Bob will probably be better off with a cigar bomb.
Regards, Michael Newton
Reply to
Michael Newton
Bob
How many of them do you want ? What Color ? Brown-Blue-or-Cream ? To Where and When do I Ship Them ?
Gerry Freed / NAR SR L2 / ARSA / snipped-for-privacy@SkyBusters.org Club Advisor-Promotions, Rocketry Education, Team America Mentor Northern Ohio's TRI-CITY SKY BUSTERS ROCKETRY CLUB/NAR #535 http:// snipped-for-privacy@SkyBusters.org
> I'm searching for some long skinny tubes with resealable caps. 6" or even > longer. The only thing that comes to mind is a cigar tube. Plastic or metal > would work, but I'd rather avoid glass, since they could break. Even better > if they are about the same OD as the AA Maglite. Any one know where I can > get some, sans cigars? If there's a cigar smoker out there, I'd be glad to > pay shipping for a handful of empties. > > Yes, this is rocket related. I'm looking for something to store HPR ignitors > in a "spares" kit that will keep them from being crushed in my pocket. > > Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L TRA # "Impeach the TRA BoD" > >>> To reply, remove the TRABoD! > Save Model Rocketry from the HSA!
Gerry Freed
You are welcome.
So what's your trick to taking home an armload of goodies from the raffle? :-) Bruce did pretty good, too.
I've been surprised by the complete lack of anyone mentioning the event. No snow. Mud. Nice land owner. While carrying Kip's rocket back I walked by the land owner and thanked him for use of the land. His response was, "Just have fun." Nice guy.
Dean
Reply to
Dean Roth
I've got some fly type boxes for my emergency field kit that fits in a shirt pocket. IIRC it's #3414. I've even done some surgery on it to take some of the tiny compartments and make larger ones from them. But it's just not long enough for HPR ignitors without folding them more times than I'm comfortable with. Thus the tube search.
If the box you have is from Plano, please look at it and tell me the part number. I'll track one down. I've even hit their factory outlet / resale shop a couple times and picked up a load of bargains. Their scratch and dent stuff is 100% usable, and usually about 50% off list price.
Bob Kaplow
Are these plastic tubes, or just the paper liner like "they" use? What diameters do you have?
Bob Kaplow
Paper liner and plastic tube caps.
Oh, probably 3/4 OD, 13/16", 15/16", 1", 1-5/16" that can be any length, and 1.125x 2". If you bought a bunch then 5/8" OD too.
Be very careful what you wish for.
Reply to
Jerry Irvine