<devils advocate mode on>

Only after being ordered to by the SC.

Pete McClure NAR 78671 L1

-- "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory there is no survival."

- Winston [Leonard Spencer] Churchill (1874 - 1965)

- and then there's this from the current Oval Office occupant:

"I'm the Commander, see... I do not need to explain why I say things. That's the interesting thing about being President... [I] don't feel like I owe anybody an explanation."

George W. Bush to the National Security Council

Reply to
Pete McClure

That statement makes absolutely NO sense. How can the US SC ORDER the FL SC to do anything BEFORE the FL SC acted? You're making a chicken-egg statement that is absurd. The FL SC acted unconstitutionally FIRST by extending the election in FL. The US SC told the FL SC that it was overstepping its authority in doing so (paraphrased legal mumbo jumbo), so you see, the electiuon was won by GW, Gore attempted to steal it in the FL SC and the US SC said "No way Jose?"

Mark Simpson

I don't think he sees it.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

really more of

I see what you're trying to say but, as with your viewpoint on jurors making their own law, you're just wrong. Read the timeline carefully and you'll see you're mistaken.