Dog Barf

Will the cellulose attic insulation (dog barf) really work for wadding as is? I can get it by the bale at Lowe's, but I'm concerned it will
catch fire. Does it?
Ted
Ted wrote:

it is fire proof and works well
On 2 Nov 2005 19:40:52 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Concur. I've had a bale for about 5 years now, and the mice have made a bigger dent in it than I have...
<g>
tah
--
Tod A. Hilty
Hilty Information Systems

K Cornelius wrote:

    Secret tip: the stuff can also be used to insulate your house. Take some of the leftovers and insulate around drafty spaces and it'll pay for itself this winter.

Off-topic post :)
Jerry Irvine wrote:

(self-immolates)

(self-exfoliates)
<g>
Tod "unsubscribe" Hilty
--
Tod A. Hilty
Hilty Information Systems

Ted wrote:
Thanks! I feel confident now that I won't start a big fire and end up on the evening news.
Ted
Cellulose ceiling insulation is okay for its thermal properties, but it won't stop determined particulate matter very well. Use plenty of the stuff if you don't also include some normal TP wadding at the top of the pile.
--
Marty Schrader

Up and Over...