EPA Approved ICBM's

You have got to be kidding........only in America...

"Thus, if the Minuteman III ICBMs have to be used in some future nuclear war, their rocket motors will not pollute the atmosphere. EPA regulations do not apply in foreign countries, so no changes are being made to reduce the harmful environmental effects of the nuclear warheads"

it boggles the mind......

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

The mind wobbles.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Kelly Bundy.

Randy

Reply to
Randy

Wow, what a link Shockie.

I'm am glad my taxpayer funded money is protecting my air from rocket waste while making a winter fall out, he he.

Can people post links on how to join such boondoggles to make the money they are.

Reply to
almax

That does it! I'm going to cut the soles out of a pair of tennis shoes, climb a tree and learn to play the flute...

The rulers of the US are beyond insane.

+McG+
Reply to
Kenneth C. McGoffin

"Yeah, right...and the check is in my mouth"

Reply to
Fred Shecter

"EPA regulations do not apply in foreign countries, ...so no changes are being made to reduce the harmful environmental effects of the nuclear warheads."

I wonder if the Air Force will need an LEUP for the new environmentally sound weapon of mass destruction?

Reply to
Al Gloer

No, there are specific exceptions from the requirements for the government.

- - --- - --- - - Section 55.141 Exceptions (a) General This part [i.e., Part 55: "Commerce In Explosives"] does not apply with respect to: ... (3) The transportation, shipment, receipt, or importatiion of explosive materials for delivery to any agency of the United States or to any State or its political subdivision. ... (5) The manufacture under the regulation of the military department of the United States of explosive materials for, or their distribution to or storage or possession by, the military or naval services or other agencies of the United States. (6) Arsenals, navy yards, depots,or other establishments owned by, or operated on behalf of, the United States. - - --- - --- - - source: "ATF-Explosives Law and Regulations": ATF publication 5400.7 (6/90) - - --- - --- - -

So the Air Force can order all the exposives and propellants it wants, and it doesn't need a permit.

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Where's your school spirit?

Reply to
Christopher Deem

At least he is NOT delusional.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Or the sellers to same either.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Oh, so companies like Thiokol and Aerojet don't have permits, because they sell to the government?

Reply to
RayDunakin

Geez

Shockie published something I think he found silly, and I tried to make a joke about it...

sheesh....

Reply to
Al Gloer

They do not require permits from ATF for sales to the government according to that regulation. Yes.

That is shocking, how?

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Sure, but the manufacturers themselves must have permits to manufacture, regardless of whether they sell to the government.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Not ATF permits, but local permits. Many of those are VERBAL.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I guess selling to the government is the ultimate "know your customer" situation: one is allowed to assume that they're not some mad bomber who's just going to run around blowing things up.

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Even though they are mad bomber prine :)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

So companies like Thiokol and Aerojet don't have LEMPs or other ATF permits, and only some local, possibly verbal permits? Got any proof of that?

Reply to
RayDunakin

They probably do, actually, since you do need a license to sell to anyone except the government, and they undoubtedly do commercial business too (comsat orbital kick stages etc.)

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker