[F-FT] Renegade instruction problems?

I've seen references (over time) to problems with the instructions for the Estes Renegade. I'm about to build mine up, but I can found no cogent notes anywhere about WHAT the problems were. Any comments?

David Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White

Hi David,

only issue that I know of has to do with the spacing of the side pods on the booster. Clearance can be alittle tight on the sustainer.

TF

See

for other good topics on the Renegade.

Reply to
TF

I agree with TF, ignore the drawing in the instruction sheet showing the booster pods being located right next to the sustainer body tube and give them some space or you will have a very tight fit when attaching the booster to the sustainer.

Secure attachment of the small outboard pods is also needed, one of mine popped off when I dropped the rocket on the carpet during construction and I went back and added serious fillets. No problems since.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Grippo

You mean put a 'standoff' between the pods and the body? I built mine like the instructions said. I haven't flown it yet(too windy at the last JMRC launch), but I don't think it will pose *too* many problems... I am worried about the outboard pods, though.

Eldred

Reply to
EldredP

Paging Zak Orion...Paging Zak Orion...

He completely disregarded instructions and built the sucker to run on

*EIGHT* engines.
Reply to
tater schuld

A standoff would work but really isn't needed. Just make sure there is some space between the pods and sustainer so the pods don't rub on the sustainer body and hinder separation of the two stages.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Grippo