It still happened

Didn't go to NARAM this year, but still got my reports. Lots of flying and hot weather.
But it now seems Sunward and myself are now described as the "guy with the 4 mil
bags and bar codes."
I thought we were going to let this die down? Worst fear came true!
Angelo Castellano Sunward Aerospace Group Limited www.sunward1.com email address on web site
Angelo Castellano posting wrote:

I don't know you, you don't know me, so take this for whatever it's worth...
1. The original posting was a mistake. You misread your audience. As such, you're paying the 'price' of that mistake. That 'price' is that people think of it (in the rocket community) as a classic example of something that a manufacturer thinks is important that the end user could care less about.
2. Continuing to harp about it will only make it worse. That's mistake number two. Because now you'll be known as the guy who "can't take a joke". And since the original situation was caused by something that YOU did, you'll also start getting a reputation as someone who can't face the consequences of his actions.
3. Your statement that "I thought we were going to let this die down? Worst fear came true!" adds even MORE fuel to the fire. First, you REQUESTED that folks let it die down, and FOR THE MOST PART, they have. But, you never, remotely, had every single person in the rocketry community signing up to never mention that again -- and frankly, if you believed that, it gives folks yet ONE MORE reason to wonder about how touchy you are about this subject.
4. If this was your "worst fear came true!", you lead a very sheltered life, and are in for some big disappointments with your company.
5. My only 'recommendation' to you is to roll with it. Making any kind of 'stink' about it only HURTS you, not helps. Do you think Gerald Ford appreciates that the thing his presidency is most remembered for is his stumbling on the stairs? Do you remember (or even know) how 'angry' Leonard Nimoy was about being typecast as Spock, but eventually had to 'accept' the role as part of his persona? Will anyone ever forget Michael Jackson dangling the baby over the balcony, even though he probably thought it was a cute little gesture made in fun? Very few people in the rocketry community ACTUALLY WENT to NARAM (as a percentage of total fliers), but you've just added the entire readership of the rmr community to those who a) know that someone said something about you and your company, and b) know that this is something that REALLY bugs you.
I don't know how you reacted to/with bullies in the schoolyard, but you MUST remember that they only pick on kids that they get a reaction from. It's not any 'fun' to tease someone who doesn't react...
David Erbas-White
"David Erbas-White" wrote in message:
snip
Uhm, you must be missing something here.
I had posted the comments as a joke. I was just surprised that the issue came up again at NARAm after all this time. Not taken as an insult at all. Just wanted try get some to laugh a bit. Laugh, please.
Angelo Castellano Sunward Aerospace Group Limited www.sunward1.com email address on web site
Angelo Castellano posting wrote:

At this point in time, three people have responded to your post. One didn't have any idea what you were talking about, two took you seriously -- which makes sense, since I've seen other posts from you in the pasts on rmr 'complaining' when someone discusses the issue.
I guess this is what I deserve for responding to this thread, though... I'm done with it.
David Erbas-White
Sorry.. But you did get real defensive when this happened, and "jokes" are a bit tricky on usenet, as they might be viewed differently by people that have seen and remember some of the past postings.

came
Just
Angelo Castellano posting wrote:

Ignore it; bringing it up yourself only makes it worse. Just learn to laugh about it.
Besides, you've got some neat kits, and this just helps bring your name up, which means people know about your company....
-Kevin
On Sun, 07 Aug 2005 10:46:23 -0500, Kevin Trojanowski

You know, those *are* cool kits. I have a couple, even though I haven't had time to BUILD them yet...<g>
Eldred
I have no idea what you guys are talking about. It can't be too important. :-)

Hey.. look on the bright side - They talked about Sunward and the name got around.... You'll get hits on your website, and probably orders as people check out your products..
But, I'd suggest that you not have ROL issue news when you go to 3.5 or 4.5 mil bags or "easy to scan" barcodes!
Just roll with it! Seems you're the one that brought it back to life here on RMR!
I know for me, I've seen barcode references in posts over the last few months, and have laughed, but had honestly forgot which vendor was involved.. But now I remember!
If you wanted this to really "die down", you'd not have posted your "it still happened" thread. You wanted it to die down, but now have used charcoal lighter fluid and a match so that we all remember the history! ( for another few months - we'll forget again by then!)

and hot

4 mil

"AZ Woody" wrote in message

You're right. Web site hits on Sunday were up 25%.
Angelo Castellano Sunward Aerospace Group Limited www.sunward1.com email address on web site

I was there all week, and NEVER heard that mentioned...
On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 10:13:37 -0400, "Angelo Castellano

I wouldn't worry about it unless the competition comes out with 5 mil bags. 8-)
Anything that gives you mindshare can't be bad.
On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 10:13:37 -0400, "Angelo Castellano

You can;t buy publicity like this. If I were you, I'd be providing barcode decals for your kits. The press release announcing their availability would be legendary. Seriously!
P.S. Sunward kits are cool.

I agree on both counts, kits are cool and .....
MAKE some Barcode decals !!!
and put them in a small 4mil bag for sale seperatly.
"Darren J Longhorn" wrote in message

Sure. Seriously!

yep.
Angelo Castellano Sunward Aerospace Group Limited www.sunward1.com email address on web site
Seriously is right---Angelo, your kits are great. I've just finished the build on my CFX SixFooter,it came out beautiful...just waiting for an opportunity to launch it.But unfortunately....I'm missing my barcode decals?!?!...:{)