FA: 1971 Model Rockety Magazines

These magazines are full of interesting details including a soldier who continued experimenting with model rockets in Vietnam.

Thanks.

Reply to
Calergin

Oh, is that all?

This might be consistent with the thread on the board member who is a "plant". Maybe Forrest Mims would serve on the NAR BoT and bed homeland security to take a long distance hike.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Yes, Shocky B.

I have that magazine, and I did buy MITS beacon from MITS. Later I bought an Altair 8080 from him. later I bought his yellow engineering books.

I owe my carrer to old computers and model rockets as well. Old kewl stuff. thanks for letting me remember it.

BTW, I sold my altair on Ebay "smoked" for $1700 during the pirates of silicon vally craze on TBS. Saved the pictures of it for old times sake.

/ArtU

Dr.Roberts started what is now the PC industry......

art upton

more info on Forrest Mims:

B)

Dr.Roberts started what is now the PC industry......

shockwaveriderz

Isn't that "soldier" Forrest Mims, the electronics author. And wasn't he later involved in the first home computers. In fact the first home computer kit was sold by a model rocket electronics company. THe rest is history.

Bob Kaplow

Actually modrocs was reason why I got serious about computers, circa

1979. RASP and IIRC some of the programs that the Pho-- brothers had in the original Model Rocketeer mag was the main reason I got my first computer, Timex Sinclair kit computer.

Ted Novak TRA#5512

Reply to
the notorious t-e-d

You'll notice, if you go to that reference, that the first of his "Selected Scientific and Technical Publications" is actually "Ram Air as a Method of Rocket Control" from an AIAA publication. The article, or a version of it, also appeared in Model Rocketry at about the same time.

Reply to
Mark Johnson