FlyRockets.com

Can anyone tell me that the finalized site will either:

1) Have absolutely no reference to Syonic Technologies, or

2) That Syonic technologies will be refunding the donations to pay for their advertising?

Geez... There are a billion URLs that could have been used. Why are we using one that requires someone's "permission" to use? What is the relationship?

--Jim

Reply to
Jim Meyers

What's wrong with acknowleging the fact that they are providing the use of the domain name? Many sites thank the companies that provide either the domain name or web space.

Mario Perdue NAR #22012 Sr. L2 for email drop the planet

"X-ray-Delta-One, this is Mission Control, two-one-five-six, transmission concluded."

Reply to
Mario Perdue

This was supposed to be a grass-roots non-profit effort -- paid for by the rocketry community to deliver a crisp message about the need to support our hobby. For about $100, we could have registered a new URL and had it hosted (free of advertising) for two years. I find it disappointing that we are, apparently, choosing to diffuse our message with unrelated and unnecessary advertising. I donated money to support the hobby via a clean and message-focused website and associated video spots -- not to supplement the marketing of an arbitrary consulting business.

--Jim

Reply to
Jim Meyers

Although I too do not understand why they chose to use a domain name that was already in use, I don't have a problem with advertising the company that donated the name. The way I see it, it's no different than advertising the vendors who donated goods for the auction.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Exactly.

Mario Perdue NAR #22012 Sr. L2 for email drop the planet

"X-ray-Delta-One, this is Mission Control, two-one-five-six, transmission concluded."

Reply to
Mario Perdue

So, does anyone who donated money also get a space on the site for advertisement?

--Jim

Reply to
Jim Meyers

Vendors do, yes, and clubs get it for free. See

for the details.

Syonic owns the domain name flyrockets.com, they're letting use use it, thats the extent of the relationship. They asked for a link, we see that as a reasonable and acceptable request. When all is said and done the guy donating his time working on the design will get mention, and I probably will too for hosting the site.

transmission

Reply to
Greg Deputy

I will provide space and domains for free.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

There's a point. Maybe have a supporters link page and put them on it among the hundreds?

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

If you provided space to me for a website I would certainly acknowledge that fact somewhere on the site.

Mario Perdue NAR #22012 Sr. L2 for email drop the planet

"X-ray-Delta-One, this is Mission Control, two-one-five-six, transmission concluded."

Reply to
Mario Perdue

Contact me by email for this feature.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Thanks for the offer but I already have free space being provided by my ISP. If you look you'll notice a "Hancock Telecom" link below the menu. They have provided the web space for IndyRockets.org for three years and all they ask in return is that link. The fact that I do a lot of other business with them undoubtably helps...