Geneseo B-17

That's the film. It stars Jimmy Stewart.

Reply to
Reece Talley

Lloyd, that was an excellent report. Thanks!

As I mentioned the other day, I went to Mud Island last week. I confirmed that the real Memphis Belle is at Millington, TN being restored. You can still view her by appointment.

Get more info at:

snipped-for-privacy@Memphisbelle.com

Reply to
Tim

Awesome is about the best word...but still a huge understatement!

Sure! The Sukhoi SU-31 aerobatic aircraft is one of them...

Tim

I'm green with envy! :)

Reply to
Tim

Ray You're welcome! I believe that the Sukoih (SP?) stunt plane uses a Radial engine.......but I'm not even sure of that:-)! To my knowledge..........there are no other modern plains that use round engines. Too bad:-)!

Lloyd

Reply to
Actionxprs

The Sukhoi Su-31 definately does have a radial engine. I tried to post that info earlier but for some reason it didn't show up.

I also tried to post a thank you note to you for posting the info on B-17's but it didn't show up either.

I visited Mud Island in Memphis last week and confirmed that the real Memphis Belle is in fact being restored at Millington, TN. It's been there for a while now, so I don't have any idea what some of the other folks are seeing at Mud Island. No planes there.

The Belle can still be visited by appointment at the restoration facilities. More info can be found here:

Tim

Eee-Haa

Reply to
WallaceF

10000 mile range!

That's the kind of gas tank I need for my truck. This 20 gallon tank is just too small...

Patrick

Reply to
Patrick Harvey

Sweet. I'm going to be on the lookout for airshows around here. I'm tired of cars and horses ;*)

Thanks! Patrick

Reply to
Patrick Harvey

I actually went to that museum in May(on a whim). I may have gotten a picture of it. I'll check.

Eldred

Reply to
EldredP

Sukhoi... Not to be confewzed with a Tupolev or Mikoyan-Gurevich. ;)

Doug

Reply to
Rocketweb

Yep! Watched some aerobatic stuff on Discovery Wings the other night where some Su-31's, CAP's, and Edge's, etc. were flying competition.

Reply to
Tim

Well, if you're ever in our neck of the woods again, give us a shout. We launch on the second and fourth Saturdays of every month.

Reply to
Christopher Deem

Lo and behold... I just recieved the lastest issue of Air & Space, and there's a photo & blurb about the SU-31!

The SU-31 is supposed to have the greatest thrust to weight ratio for a Russian plane. From what I gather (from the article & the SU-31 picture), there's enough thrust from the prop to hold the plane vertical!

Doug

Reply to
Rocketweb

I was only in Dayton for the Federal Employees bowling tournament. But thanks for the invite anyway! :-)

Eldred

Reply to
EldredP

There was also a nice article on Herb Desind. Looks like his wife donated his huge photo collection to the Air & Space museum.

BTW, I never realized how young he was when he passed away. 3 years younger than me...

Bob Kaplow

He already looked old when we roomed at NARAM in Anaheim.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine