Handful of Hobbies Cause Homeland Headaches

LOL! Don't forget to add some carbon and manganese, and kill it with aluminum. Throw in some molybdenum, chromium and nickel and you'd have a really nice gun. :-)

Reply to
Doc

I do not think a web page (or book) would count since you cannot "know" the intention of the (anonymous) reader.

If you had a personal lesson (ie RCS-IERT) you might.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Citing that yet again is irrelevant to the fact that ATF HQ wants to regulate rocketry.

Reply to
RayDunakin

According to part A of this law, you don't have to know the intent of the reader, only the person posting the information. And WOR would have a hard time proving in court that his intentions were innocent if he posts instructions on how to make terrorist weapons.

Reply to
RayDunakin

"wants"

in the "future".

You fixating on the non-existent in no way makes it relevent.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I agree WoR is already over the line.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

ROCKETS can and are used as weapons. MODEL ROCKETS CAN NOT be used as weapons.

his stance is fine.

if you convert model rockets to weapons they are NO LONGER MODEL ROCKETS.

Period.

there is NOTHING that can stop this from occuring. all AP model rocket engine manufacturers could be banned today and that would not deter a terrorist from making a model rocket INTO a weapon if he so chose.

oddly its easier now to get a GUN than to get APCP Rockets motors over 62.5g at least going strictly by what teh BATF considers law.

Reply to
Chris Taylor Jr

I encourage "Word of Reason" to post such instructions each and every week - preferably with his photograph, home address and social security number prominently displayed.

Reply to
Scott Schuckert

as much as I hate word of reasons post I also hate yours.

Instructions follow.

build one large model rocket.

make a nose cone with 2 shells with "flint" scraping between them.

Launch rocket on a ballistic trajectory toward your targets general direction.

now fill this rocket with fine grained black powder (not at this point its no longer a model rocket its now a weapon)

launch rocket. when it hits the ground nose first and shatters spraying the powder into a cloud and the flint nose cones scrap.

Boom.

now bring on the MIB I will bite claw and fight my way with them.

Chris Taylor

other destructive

investigation. Then,

Reply to
Chris Taylor Jr

My post was in response to the issue of whether or not ATF is "setting its sights" on rocketry. That makes it relevant. Your pointless and redundant cite is not relevant to this issue.

Reply to
RayDunakin

If you were going to follow this path to weaponize a MR, wouldn't you want to add the warload before you launched it? I mean paralyzing the enemy with laughter as you ask them if you can pull your rocket out of a tree so you can go back and add the explosive and try again, while novel, is probably not going to be effective.

Sorry -> could not resist.

Reply to
Al Gloer

ROFL!

Randy

Reply to
Randy

Interesting... it appears (from court documents turned up by a Google search on "Unabomber") that he used smokeless powder extracted from small arms ammunition for his "active ingredient".

The Enzi bill wouldn't affect, one way or the other, the ability of anyone to accumulate that sort of material.

We already knew Schumer spouted nonsense. It's now clear that your credibility matches his.

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

I concur with this. One of the things I keep repeating to folks is that for the cost of an Estes E9 motor you can go into the grocery store and buy enough cleaning chemicals to make poison gas that'd do more harm and cause more fear than ANYTHING that you could do with that rocket motor. I also say that for the coin I could go into the same stores, or a tobacco shop, and come out with all the explosive bomb making goodies I'd need...and add a butane lighter if I want it to be incinderary. The moral of the story I say is that any "terrorist" worth his salt will look to things like that first, more cost effective and easier to get. I also tend to mention at those times that my other hobby, the SCA, has in recent years bumped the Boy Scouts from being the world's largest paramilitary organization just to put the proper trivilaization to things. I use any weapon at hand to combat all this asinine "circa 1984" fashionable paranoia. Sometimes the light actually shines through too, if you can believe that.

Chuck

RoCkeT FlyA wrote:

Reply to
Zathras of the Great Machine

Don't need to add carbon, I need to burn it out with O2. Forgot your blast furnace chemistry already?

Reply to
The Observer

I cant resist. I doubt this would go boom at all. try just tossing the nose alone setup this way in the street.

you'd get more effect putting a winchester X load in a chamber and pulling the trigger. cheaper too, and avalible at every wally world , most Kmarts.

Reply to
almax