Is there a rocketry group in Sacramento CA area?

I and a couple of others are looking for a rocketry group in Sacramento CA or vicinity. Any suggestions? Is there one and if so how can we contact
them.
Thanks, KT
http://nar.org/NARseclist.asp
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/9751
Scramento Area Rocketry Group (SARG) #557 Jeff Proschold 4375 Batt Drive Sacramento CA 95838 Phone : (916) 927-2216
Launches: First Saturday each month, Folsom Lake College
There used to be a group called SARG. But alas, they are no more.
The closest now is LUNAR. Based out of Livermore, in the east bay area. The good news is that they now have a high power field not far from Sac. The bad news is that the field is closed for the summer. It's called Snow Ranch, a working cattle ranch, located approximately 30 minutes east of 99 on hiway 4. Too dry during the summer months. After the rains start in the late fall, it will re-open. We currently have a 15000 foot waiver, with a motor limit of full L impulse. It is possible to fly greater that full L impulse, but that requires approval of the board in advance. You can check it out on the LUNAR website at http://www.lunar.org . We had one heck of a flying season this year at the ranch! Looking forward to the fall rains that will open the ranch again. It's a beautiful place to fly. Heck, it's a beautiful place, period. Check out the pix on the website. During the dry season, LUNAR launches at Robertson Park in Livermore. F impulse limit, with a ceiling of 1500 feet. This is due to the encroachment of housing in the area of the park. We are currently searching for a new launch site in the Livermore area.
--
James L. Marino
SAS, LUNAR,

Dry, It's been raining like Seatle up here in Sacramento.
Thanks for the info.
KT
Been raining in Tracy, too. But if Bruce says it's too dry, then it's too dry. He's the landowner. May 7th had grass chest deep. And it is starting to turn brown. Check out the "recent launch photos" link at lunar.org.
James
wrote:

east
I spent a whole lot of time in Tracey and Stockton a few years ago....Best Wonton soup I ever` had was in Tracey (in the mall by the ACO Hardware) and I loved the food at Bruno's...good stuff.... Can't believe all that open space you guys have....no trees for miles...makes a Midwesterner like me weep with jealousy!
Mark A Palmer