Last British Skylark sounding rocket

The last British Skylark sounding rocket was launched Monday.
For articles, see: http://www.moneyplans.net/frontend2-verify-6463.html
http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/this_britain/story.jsp?storyc5184 http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp - dyn/content/article/2005/05/02/AR2005050201437.html http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,3604,1475026,00.html
For more on the rocket, see: http://www.univ-perp.fr/fuseurop/skylar_e.htm http://www.daviddarling.info/encyclopedia/S/Skylark.html http://www.fathom.com/feature/190261 /
snip
Thanks for the links. Very interesting!
Randy http://vernarockets.com /
Indeed!
I got to score alot of points with my Cuckoo Skylark.
Guess it's now officially retired...
L8r, Andy
I almost had the opportunity to see this launch, but my trip to Kiruna, Sweden was postponed. Some of my co-workers were there to witness it and forwarded some pictures. There's still snow on the ground there!
I heard that the payload recovery system failed. Several microgravity experiments were onboard and only the real-time telemetry was captured.
-John DeMar NAR/TRA L2 http://web.nmsu.edu/~jdemar /