launch rod angle adjustment swivels

Hi, in keeping with the last post,

I am building a launch rack , saw horse style.

for the launch rod adjustments however, I was wondering where to find those adjustment swivels like I've seen used on the NorAm competition launchers. Some kind of adjustment do-hick-ee the can be loosened, rod adjusted, and then tightened again easy by hand.

Reply to
AlMax

I don't know if they're the kind you saw, but I've seen Pana-Vise bases used for this.

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

I built six of them using the plans available from NARTS. They are made from Corian counter top material and are virtually weather proof. Mine are 7 years old and still going strong. The stuff is a real bear to cut though. I used a band saw to rough them out and a sanding wheel to finish them. If you are making more than one I recommend either a carbide drill or three or four regular ones because they will dull quickly. On a positive note, the stuff taps well and the threads hold almost as well as they would in brass or aluminum.

Reply to
Reece Talley

I can make them from aluminum as well I bet. is this just a template that's in the NARTS shop ?

Reply to
AlMax

yes, that could be a backup plan, but those puppies retail at 20 bills, so about 14-16 at discount, ouch !

Reply to
AlMax