Estes Maxi Launch Rod

How long is the Estes 3/16 in. (5 mm) MaxiT launch rod? I 'd like to see if I could pick up a suitable rod in the local hardware store.

By the way, I am just getting back into model rockets with my kids, having not touched rockets since high school. I had forgotten how fun this is!

(I liked the two-piece launch rods that you could take apart for transport much better than the current Estes launch rod that doesn't separate once assembled.)

Thanks, Dave

Reply to
David J. Braunegg

I buy the spring steel rods at the local hardware shop, it lasts longer and is stronger. A little sandpaper keeps it rust free and ready to launch.

Starlord

last one I saw was 36" long

Reply to
Dale Greene

Estes 3/16" rods are about 3 feet long, but you are better off with the 4 foot long steel rods at most large hardware stores. keep clean with WD-40.

Reply to
Fred Shecter

Fred's right, 4' is always better, especially if it's a windy day.

Randy

Randy