Lets ban cars for the sake of homeland security!

I mean after all, more people are killed in car crashes than all the war the USA had combined, and not to mention drunk driving. Then besides a pickup truck packs alot of energy can be used to demolish houses and (gasp!) some government buildings causing serious damage. Not to mention it could be used to carry explosives!!! (GASP!) and cause widespread damage. For example a Ryder truck was used in the OKC bombing! Then again cars can blend in making them hard to track. So we say ban them all! Then again not only it can be used to carry explosives, it can carry thousands of pounds of them, some can even carry a nuclear warhead! They are more accurate than rockets and cheaper too! Oh my god we really must get rid of these monsterous weapons of mass destruction, think of the children!

Reply to
tai fu

auto accidents kill more than 40,000 people a year in the US. cigarettes kill nearly 10 times that amount. heart problems kill nearly 25 times more people.

so let's ban all tobacco and meat products, and put a big tax on saturated fat. and force everyone to exercise.

tai fu wrote:

Reply to
Cliff Sojourner

Shouldn't you be concerned about "lickshaws?" ; )

Randy

Reply to
Randy

Can't smoke with a full face helmet on...so mandatory helmets all day long for everybody. Also will protect you from head injury in the event you have a heart attack and fall down.

Reply to
Kurt Kesler

What's truly phunnie about that is THAT would prevent more injuries and deaths than banning rockets!!!!!

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

there's a risk with everything, even with safety equipment. seatbelts cause whiplash - serious problem sure, but without the seatbelt you wouldn't be around to enjoy it. airbags cause problems too, especially for underweight and undertall people.

lifejackets only work if you wear them. people don't wear them so manufacturers made inflating vests. the self-inflating ones go off at the wrong times (in a rainstorm; under the trampoline of an inverted catamaran, etc.); the manual inflating ones are no use if you get bonked on the head and fall over.

so, I wonder what would the wave of injuries be from a whole country of helmeted people.

we'd get cervical bone problems from all that extra weight up high. we'd get people who can't see to tie their shoes so would trip over their laces all the time, or else switch to velcro shoes. we'd get skin problems and permanent bad hair days.

on the bright side, it would probably improve general manners and driving because people couldn't use their damn cell phones!

Reply to
Cliff Sojourner

Nah, someone would be sure to market a helmet with a built in cell phone.

I know they have helmet speaker systems for long bike rides... you can listen to the radio, and some even have intercoms so you can talk to the back seat passenger.

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Too late. There are interfaces now available to hook up your cell phone, stereo, intercom and radar detector into your helmet and you can program the priority of each item so, for example, the sound from the radar detector will override the stereo.

Intercom very handy, especially when passenger "need go pee". ;-)

Reply to
Kurt Kesler

be sure to leave your pee at an ATF approved disposal site, since the wrong people could potentially harvest the nitrate out of it.

Reply to
Cliff Sojourner

And all the race car drivers, from F1 to NASCAR have figured out how to get their 2 way radios inside their helmets.

Bob Kaplow