making foam nosecones - my level 2 project - fiderglassing

I am vurrently working on my level 2 got a stack of styrofoam disks and have asked in another thread about cutting to final size, and now have to think abour fiderglassing.

or could i do pseudo fiberglass? right now i am outa $$$ so i need to look into every free and cheap alternative i can find. anyone have some suggestions?

8"x8' rocket, nose 2' long got centering holes and parts for rotisserie, need, mount desing, fin materials (other thread) and info on lots others
Reply to
tater schuld

Pseudo FG'ing worked for 'Blunt Trauma' the bird I certed level one and two with. Turned the NC from white foam, put some lightweight spackle on it to smooth it up and glued it to the forward BT. Two rounds of queensize pantyhose and finishing epoxy later, the forward section was solid. Enough for five flights so far, one on a J570. Braz NAR 12442

Reply to
elbraz

What is your ID and OD of your tubing ? If it matches up with one of our cones I will donate the cone for free !

Thanks Curtis Turner Performance Rocketry

814-536-8491 snipped-for-privacy@performancerocketry.com

Curtis Turner

Curtis, I get a 'The page cannot be found' when I try to get to components->nosecones (or any component).

Joel. phx (myself is working on something with 8"id, 8.25"od body tube.

Reply to
Joel Corwith

You know Tater, I am going to be glassing my rocket. We could go in together on the fiberglass and epoxy resin. I looked it up and it really isn't that expensive and there is a place about 100 miles north of here that has it in stock.

Reply to
Zak Orion

so. I needed the nose weight anyway. -Braz

Reply to
elbraz

I built ol' Blunt on a 24" piece of 1x12 that I held on my lap. Didn't have much room for a proper f'glass job back then, but I agree that it does yield a stronger N/C. My f'glass technique looks like I was frosting a cake, but

80 grit and a palm sander take care of it. -Braz
Reply to
elbraz

6-8 weeks?!! You need to find a different supplier, or pay with a credit card.

Mike F.

Reply to
Mfreptiles

believe it or not, no credit card will accept me cause i don't spend enough (got 6 EAA t shirts, 1 free for each aplication i filled out. next year i am gonna get my whole wardrobe that way)

Reply to
tater schuld

We try to help out, I love this hobby and want to see people get excited about it and stay with it. We try to mainly help out people trying to get their Cert L2 or L3 with some type of discount especially when money is tight for that person.

Thanks Curtis Turner Performance Rocketry

814-536-8491 snipped-for-privacy@performancerocketry.com

Curtis Turner

T-shirts!

Of course you can get a credit card. Just open a checking account with an associated "debit card" with a Visa logo on it and BOOM to all outside observers you have a "credit card".

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

thanks again for the offer, aint really a matter of things beeing tight, just a bit of mismanaged funds. had a great time at oshkosh airshow, so won't have cash budgeted till 12th. the cert launch date it the 27th. others are working on their level 1's while i am trying to get my level 2 ready by then. mainly trying to get everything done now, so i got a better handle on what i'll need to have fed-exed to finish in time.

good side is, i think i can ace the test 100% been practicing daily along with amatur radio test (only 80% on that, but it's passing!)

Reply to
tater schuld

I do find your priorities interesting (and I can relate).

Bill me later is your freind :)

Jerry Irvine

Dont like credit of any type. too easy to abuse. heck i don't even take credit for the great strides our club has achieved

Reply to
tater schuld

picked up an 8" piece of quickcrete tube many moons ago to get our club interested in high power. been using rocksim to play with designs until I found one pleasing to my eye (well almost) total legnth of rocket is gonna be approximately 8'

Reply to
tater schuld