MDRA Coverdale Launch March, 19 & 20, 2005

MDRA launch this coming weekend, 19th and 20th, at the Coverdale site. Directions and hotel information on the MDRA web site;

Fred Wallace MDRA BOD TRA TAP

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace

Have to work Saturday but am hoping to make the Sunday launch. Any MDRA heading down from Wilmington DE on Sunday want to carpool?

Reply to
Ben

I'll be looking forwards to the launch pictures and videos - you guys seem to launch some really cool stuff out there. I swear half of the 1000+ rocketry videos I've downloaded are from MDRA launches :)

Hope you get a good day for flying - anything big planned?

Reply to
Niall Oswald

Niall, Yes, the videos are absolutely amazing. And - this being a small world - looked up your site. I followed the link to North Star Rocketry (having been born and raised in Bradford, West Yorkshire) and I found they flew on my old stomping ground - Baildon :) Must try and get over to fly with them sometime :)

Reply to
Ben

Yea, looks like the first post attached to a previous older posting, with the same subject. I guess I need to attach dates to the subject from now on as I did in the repost.

Reply to
WallaceF

That's why I would like to have a dedicated storage container there. I really wanted to cooperate with the club to achieve that. And since ANY already approved material could be shipped there, the "big fine", while harsh, is totally unrelated.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

But you DO know what they will not drag out :)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

This brings up something I thought about when I was a NAR Contest Director (Polaris 193).

If a network of outlying participants mostly all carpooled their extra seats, a typical launch could almost double in attendance. It also improves mentoring.

Just a suggestion from the people at Jerry.

Webbable too.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Anyone that comes - you can fly anything except Jerry motors.

Reply to
Phil Stein

You might be out of luck - last time I mentioned them (on RMR i think) as an active UK group, Darren told me they hadn't had a launch in a long time.

NSRG are certainly in attendance at all the big events (UKRA. KLOB, IRW etc)

Reply to
Niall Oswald

Sorry, Fred, did you reply? I didn't see your post. Must be a problem with my news server. Weird, you've got Jerry killfiled and I only see your post when he replies... (I've got noone killfiled BTW)

Reply to
Niall Oswald

There is a dedicated storage container. Here's a picture of it.

Phil Stein

Jerry was a WWI/II nickname for the Germans specifically Luftwaffe Bombers commonly used among RAF (formerly RFC) pilots.

Thus, Jerry motors are BMWs, Porche, Mercedes Benz, et al. and I'd LOVE to see one of those fly :-P

and just to check that my thinking is correct, since the manufacturer of "Jerry motors" is in hot water with the authorities, those who have bought his motors are legally obligated to not fly them, correct?

Reply to
Benjamin Chapman

well thats a shame...Maybe I can swing making it over for one of the major launches.

Reply to
Benjamin Chapman

I currently use a Magellan Map330 with MapSend Topo for mountainbiking in the US. I'm relocating to Western Europe, and MapSend does not make topographic software for Europe, only street maps. Does anyone out there know the best GPS unit that has a European basemap built-in and topographic software available as an add-on?

Reply to
WallaceF

It's not big enough.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

There is a group of guys that call their motors BMW's. The B stands for Bozo - I'm not kidding.

If you were to fly Jerry motors, you might be considered an accessory to his shinanagins. - ,my spelling fixer sucks today.

Reply to
Phil Stein

BS, never going to happen.. Thank me..

ROTFLMAO...

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace

Drop us a line, and I'll add you to our launch notification list.

We _will_ get our shit together again one day.

'appen.

Reply to
Darren J Longhorn

well that's way too late now. 90% of the club is EX. Nothing over a K motor now is commercial.

-D

Reply to
dwright