More Aerotech Reloads In Stock

JUST ARRIVED:

AEROTECH hobby and easy access reloads. Check our web site for details. More due in about two weeks!

Steve @cdi

Reply to
Steve

Every sport motor is "easy access".

ALL "sport motors" are ATF exempt.

Period.

Here's the law that shows that:

27 CFR 555.11, Propellant Actuated Device. Any tool or special mechanized device or gas generator system which is actuated by a propellant or which releases and directs work through a propellant charge.

27 CFR 555.141 exemptions (a) (8) Gasoline, fertilizers, propellant actuated devices, or propellant actuated industrial tools manufactured, imported, or distributed for their intended purposes.

Here's the JUDGE's words verifying it.

"In addition, the Court finds that the ATF's pronouncement that sport rocket motors are not PADs is invalid because it was made without compliance with the notice-and-comment rulemaking procedures of the OCCA and the APA."

Here is the court order that is from:

Just factual Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

The judge gave his opinion that contradicts the opinion you cite. Once again, you are behind the times.

Reply to
Phil Stein

Be very specific. Cite your basis. I cited the judge!!

The very same judge you seem to refer to!

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Yes the very same judge. Check NAR or TRA's web sites.

Reply to
Phil Stein

Jerry replied:

Phil's right, Jerry. At the last hearing, the judge contradicted his own opinion from the previous hearing.

Reply to
RayDunakin

So you CANNOT cite what you even mean? Maybe you mean NOTHING at all.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

JERRY.

try again. we went thru this last month. I'll post why in the message below.

no rocket devices mentioned. ATF tried to say that a motor was not a "device". they failed that, BUT there is still no wording that specificaly says that motors are PADs.

Still no rocket motors listed. nor have rockets been designated as tools.

Supposedly they are considered PADs but I have not seen anything (except an old and outdated letter) saying so.

Read it again REAL SLOWLY.

the judge said the rule change was done incorrectly. he did NOT say that the change was wrong. he did NOT say they ARE PADs and he did not say they should NOT be PADs. he DID define that reloads are NOT PADs

read it again. point to me where the judge in the last session pointed out that model rocket motors ARE PADs.

He DID NOT SAY MODEL ROCKET MOTORS ARE PADS

Reply to
tater schuld

I can just hear Big Fines' anti TRA rant after a member got fined from listening to his advice. Sounds wacked out? Welcome to Jerry Land.

Reply to
Phil Stein

ANY or gas generator system OR

There are no tools listed either.

No gas generators listed either.

Outdated? It is specific to the very issue we are discussing. It is a PRECIDENT. The regulation has NOT been changed since.

NOT outdated.

Period.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I think you understand, however Jerry, I think he is a lost cause..

Fred..

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace

but no *specific* listing of motors.

So when something does go to court, not only will we have to defend that it is within the law, but we will have to spend thousands to get a judge to determine that it is one of the items listed above.

Jerry, assume I am a multi-millionaire and I want the rocket hobby to end. you really think that the wording up there will hold up? until we get it shown *somewhere* that model rocket motors are PADs or Gas generators, there will be nothing stopping the rule making procedure the ATF wants to promote.

manufactured,

I meant "propellant actuated industrial tools". but you are right. as the law stands tools are not exempted. let that be someone elses axe to grind.

True, but the first paragraph above says a gas generator is a propellant acutated device, and is then covered in the second above paragraph.

ug, i think I might be looking at the wrong letter, can you point me to the right one? not the judges decision please, as I just said that that does NOT say that rockets are PADs

Reply to
tater schuld