MPC rarity

If they only had some MPC C9 motors...... (afaik, those were vaporware).

The above is not my auction. Too bad...

-Fred Shecter NAR 20117

shreadvector

I have one in an open box, sigh.....

and the tanks were glued together.

why when I was a kid did I even think I should attempt to build the thing,

instead I should have known it was an investment.

Reply to
AlMax

Hindsight, hindsight...

When I think of all the now-collectable treasures that went through my fingers over the years, it's enough to go crazy!

I have a few NIB goodies still though.. but bringing myself to part with them is another story. Maybe I'll hang on to them another 20 years or so.

Mike Dennett

It makes me feel a little better knowing I'm not the only one to have pissed away my kids' college educations :)

Seriously, I tried to build a Mars Lander and a Sat V along about age 12. Never finished either. The Sat V became a Flat V when I accidentally scooted the bed too far.

Both sat in my closet unfinished until I moved away after college. Oh, how I wish I had spent more time cleaning my stuff out of my mom's house. I'm sure they just got tossed :(

Doug

Reply to
Doug Sams

My parents made me clear everything out after I graduated from college. So my rocket-stuff box followed me around, move after move, for about 25 years. When I finally cracked it open at my son's insistence, I found a SPEV and Trident unopened and uncrushed. My son wants to buy them from me (fat chance) - needless to say, there are now in a VERY safe place. :^)

Reply to
bit eimer

Clone them!

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Back when I was little my parents got me a Revel Saturn V kit, which I promplty lost half the parts to. I wish I could get that thing back now that I'm older...

Reply to
Nerull

I built mine too. I think I flew it once, and the chute didn't fully deploy, slightly rekitting the model. I think the parts are still inthe shop somewhere.

Bob Kaplow

If you're still interested, they just came in a couple of months ago from Revell Germany (they make a run about every 5 years or so). Look on ebay, there are/were several for 'buy it now' for about $75 (brand new, right off the boat).

David Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White

One of the Atlanta area Hobbytown USA stores has at least a couple, and one or two Hobby Lobbys in the area have one as well. I bought one a few months ago. They also show up on EBay at a BuyItNow price of $75-$100.

Roy

Reply to
Roy Green

nt.

Search carefully Bob, and keep us abreast of further developments

Reply to
Dodo