new TRA website

Godsend, especially for schools.

Thank you NAR.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

But that takes all the fun out of "poke Bob".

:-(

Besides, this is RMR. 'tis the norm to twist things around and out of context.

Reply to
Kurt Kesler

HeY!? Was thAT a hiDDen diG againSt Me?!

Joel. phx

Reply to
Joel Corwith

six "double" issues

remember these ?

Vol. 33 No. 5-6 Oct/Nov 2002 Vol. 33 No. 7-8 Dec 2002

- iz

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

I'd even bet against that happening.

NAR produces 6 issues a year, on time, with real content. Of course they too had a problem with an editor, who couldn't meet deadlines or stay within budget. The removed him, and replaced him with Tom and Todd, who have done a fantastic job ever since.

How badly does someone have to screw up to get fired by TRA? I guess that only happens to folks who do a proper job in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Bob Kaplow

I do believe it was.

;-)

Reply to
Kurt Kesler

Are you kidding? That is an UNDERSTATEMENT.

We're still searching for the threshold :)

Keep in mind it is folks like Kelly who kick out folks like Irvine, Kaplow and others. :)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Why does TRA membership cost so much? That is the real question. $60 a year (after the first year) without a magazine. NAR membership WITH a magazine is still only $62 a year even after the incredible ;-) price increase this year.

$112 per year to belong to TRA and get the intermitant HPR magazine. I decided this wasn't worth it in 2000 at $95/year and it still isn't worth it. Instead of the back issues I was owed, I received a letter stating that they had carefully tracked what I was owed and the one (or was it two?) issues I had received after not renewing brought me up to date.

Liars. Frauds.

I still get worked up when I think about it.

Bob Kaplow wrote: > In article , snipped-for-privacy@acceptable-gains.net (Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed) writes: >

Reply to
David Schultz

I don't understand why somebody doesn't file a class action lawsuit againts these clowns and put them out of business once and for all.... I know one of you guys out there that does HPR has to have some funds...... do the sport rocketry hobby a favour, put these guys out of business permanently... The reason I take this hard line, is the "good" decent people in the TRA seem incapbale of cleaning out their own outhouse for some reason.... ( this assumes of course there are some good,decent people in the TRA)......

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

Reply to
The Pink and Yellow Rocket

Insurance for starters. TRA insurance is primary, NAR is secondary.

I was told HPR was a 'separate entity' from TRA. Of course it still appears on the TRA application and last print had "the official magazine of Tripoli".

Joel. phx

Since it's sent by mail, there's an obvious solution.

Reply to
Joel Corwith

They have been weeded out. The precipitous membership decline emptied the swamp and left the scum.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Also, look at the legal fund and the "Watch Enzi fund" (John Kyte)

Both TRA and NAR pay the same amount (i.e. each are paying $xx,000 to Kyte as I understand).

There seem to be many more "dues paying members" in NAR, and therefore the costs are spread over more people. The split is 50/50 on these costs, and not based on number of members, so in other words, if TRA has 1/2 the members of NAR, each member of TRA is kicking in 2 times the amount of a NAR member on the legal side (not counting individual contributions to the legal fund).

I did hear one interesting rumor, that the amount that NAR was spending on Kyte was greater than the rest of the budget for NAR!

Also, as Joel points out, the insurance is different.. TRA also insures EX launches...

Reply to
AZ Woody

180,000

Not sure about that, but he is a total waste of money.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I have repeatedly refuted this inaccuracy here and in other forums for you, Woody.

We pay $5,000 per month for John Kyte's services, and are contracted to do so through the end of 2003.

This amount is nowhere near the entire budget of the NAR.

Please stop spreading inaccurate information about the state of NAR finances.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = Mark B. Bundick mbundick - at - earthlink - dot - net NAR President www - dot - nar - dot - org

"The great enemy of truth is very often not the lie - deliberate, contrived and dishonest - by the myth - persistent, persuasive and unrealistic . . . We enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - JFK

Reply to
Mark B. Bundick

If you paid for something you didn't get, and any part of the transaction involved the US Mail, contact a postal inspector and file a complaint. It's the only way to put an end to this fraud.

Bob Kaplow

Most of them are fine. But most of them either don't care that things are poorly run, or don't even notice that there is a problem. Just so they can fly rockets. Most of the "good old boys" are gone from the board. But the new folks still let things go on as before. I don't know if they're all as bad as the old folks, or just still wearing their rose colored glasses.

Bob Kaplow

Is that NAR $5K plus TRA $5K or is that a combined $5K split between the two groups.

Bob Kaplow

And be stuck with the NAR only? No thanks...

You really think statements like that are going to endear individuals to your cause?

Hint. It won't.

Reply to
Kurt Kesler

Thanks for the clarification... Like I said I heard it as a rumor..

Reply to
AZ Woody