RMS-24/40 Aft Closure Diameter

I am working on a rocket with a 24mm motor mount and am at the point of adding the motor retention. I would like build it so it can use the RMS-24/40 casing. I need the outer diameter of the aft closure to set the spacing of the threaded inserts. I do not currently have a casing, and they seem to be in short supply at dealers right now (anyone want to sell theirs?).

Anyone know the diameter?

Thanks, TomF

Reply to
fetchen
25.00mm precisely (.984").

"fetchen" wrote:

Reply to
BB

Thanks

Reply to
fetchen

Even with the smallest T-nuts I've seen, the size of the gold flange is less than the size of the T-nut flange. SO if you mount the T-nuts right next to the MMT, you'll still have plenty of clearance.

In fact, I'm pretty sure this is true from the 18mm RMS casing all the way up to the 54mm at least. The gold closure is really just big enough to fully seat against the MMT and very little more.

Bob Kaplow

Outside diameter of a 29/40-120 casing = 1.140 ... of thrustring = 1.240 difference of .100 divided by 2 = .050 per side or less than 1/16

Stones

Reply to
stones

I believe it is 1.125.

... of thrustring = 1.240

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

A standard Estes engine hook fits into the notch on the case. I generally use a wrap of soft wire to make sure the engine hook can't spring open. The only mod I've had to make on typical Estes construction is to grind down the forward end of the engine hook so it clears the delay well on the RMS casing. You should see a Big Daddy go on an F39!

Larry

fetchen wrote:

Reply to
Larry W. Hardin

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 13:57:36 -0500, "Larry W. Hardin" is alleged to have written:

Or, build it with a 29mm motor mount, and see it go on a G38....

- Rick "Whooooooosh!" Dickinson

Reply to
Rick Dickinson