BIG DADDY E

http://www.hhwonline.com:8088/trains/HH0020?MANFNO=EST
Lots of new stuff from Estes on the way.
-Fred Shecter NAR 20117

Shame that isn't 'Big Daddy 7xE' ;) They'll fit in there!
I know one EARS regular who will be very happy at this news, since he's crashed, lost and even burned more Big Daddy's than I can list!
--
Niall Oswald
================================
Niall Oswald wrote:

A J350 also fits,;-)
Woody

Bet that goes into the nosecone :)
Mike 'Mr Big Daddy' Hoffman of EARS flies his on 1 and 2-grain Pro38 motors. I believe the one he does that with was previously a stock Estes Big Daddy, it even has the original balsa fins! His previous Big Daddy adventures have included a completely hideous (!) 3-stage CHAD-staged 15 motor monster. Amazingly all the motors lit, shame it was going horizontal by the time the third lot came in!
I've seen a picture of one with an AT I65W in it too, that must be pretty cool. I bet a J90 would work too.
--
Niall Oswald
================================

On 13 May 2005 11:34:33 -0700, "'Woody' Wood"

Whoa - I can't *imagine* a J motor in a Big Daddy...
Eldred

Hang on to your hat. I've seen I powered Fat Boys, an a J in 'Daddy isn't too surprising.
You [should] not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harm it would cause if improperly administered -- Lyndon Johnson, former President of the U.S.
Bob Kaplow wrote:

Assuming the J-350 in Rocksim is the right length, it would be sticking about halfway into the nosecone. Some other J motors may fit through.
Of course, you could cut the nosecone so the motor would fit, and pack the parachue around the motor...
--
John Bowles
NAR# 84674

I think that's 'price of admission' for this kind of modification. Mike Hoffman's L1 'Big Daddy' (it was a clone made with PML parts) had the 'chute in the nosecone, and I believe did his bashed Estes big daddy.
Perhaps the J460/J275/J90 casing (54/852?) or a Pro54 2-grain would be a better bet. Dunno if anyone does an even shorter 3" J...that would be cool. The Pro75 full L is 4 grains, making each grain a full J's worth, I'm sure I've read of EX motors in this config. (1-grain 75mm J)
--
Niall Oswald
================================

That's the idea. I had to hack a hole in the nose for the chute on my F100 powered Big Daddy.
You [should] not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harm it would cause if improperly administered -- Lyndon Johnson, former President of the U.S.
Bob Kaplow wrote:

Big Daddys on H & I motors is easy. It's the danged G that you lose 'em on... Voice of experience.
-Kevin

Just found this, looks cool, seems appropriate to this thread :)
http://www.tripolisc.org/modules/xoopsgallery/view_photo.php?xoops_imageid !22&set_albumName=album69&id=Img_0220
--
Niall Oswald
================================

Let me guess - the weight of an H or I keeps it from going too high, but the G is much lighter in relation to thrust?
Eldred

I think its just Murphy at play!
An H or I motor is likely to have a better mass fraction than a G motor, if that's what you mean?
Maybe its just because the H or I ones shred 50ft off the pad ;)
I600R in a Big Daddy, now that I'd like to see!
--
Niall Oswald
================================

July 4 approx 1987 Lucerne.

Point!
What website has Dairy Aire dates?

Videos? Photos? That is something I would *love* to see! Must have been one hell of a flight.

That sounds pretty cool too - blues and rockets, two of my favourite things :)
--
Niall Oswald
================================

so
"reward
one
blues
things
Not sure what a Big Daddy E is. But if you put an Aerotech E into a stock Big Daddy, it will rock!!!
--

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

"shreadvector" < snipped-for-privacy@alum.mit.edu> wrote in message

You can't do that without modification, can you?
Eldred