BIG DADDY E

Sure can. The AT E15 and E30, and the RMS 24/40 are size compatible with the D12. Most rockets that will fly on a D12 will fly fine on the E15 or E18 reload, although the reload casing will slightly affect the CG, so it might need a tad nose weight.
I haven't seent he announcement, but I'd guess that The Big Daddy E is modified for the longer motor mount. IMHO the rather heavy Big Daddy is a poor choice for the E9, but flies great with the D12 or the AT WL and BT alternatives.
This is a country which stands tallest in troubled times, a country that clings to fundamental principles, cherishes its constitutional heritage, and rejects simple solutions that compromise the values that lie at the roots of our democratic system. -- Supreme Court Justice Thurgood Marshall, 1972
The F39 reload works, too. Really get's people's attention when it leaves the pad with a lot more authority than your standard D12. No nose weight required.
Bob Kaplow wrote:

with the

so it

is
is a

BT
Baffle:    http://nira-rocketry.org/LeadingEdge/Phantom4000.pdf
www.nar.org
country
constitutional
values
Court
I tried a Big Daddy with seven F72's at the Sayre Regional in April. Most complete shred ever. Nothing recovered except 5 of the MMT tubes with two feet of recovery harness hanging off. Incredibly fast but ugly flight. The Quickburst cluster igniters did light those motors instantly, however. -Braz

Well, if you will put an 'I504' in a rocket designed for a D12..... ;)
How was the BD in question reinforced? Did anyone get any photos ?
--
Niall Oswald
================================

Sounds like a 'really cool flight'! I'm sure with appropriate reinforcement (G10 fins perhaps too?) you could do that again :)
6 or 7 E9's makes a nice combination too, I've got an Estes Rubicon coming that should go nicely on 7 24mm BP motors.
19 A10's! That sounds pretty damn cool too. In ones and twos I'm not sure I like the mini-motors much (especially as pretty much anything on an A10 or A3 is gone and tiny in a flash) but 19 at a time is more like it :)
Is the video file online anywhere? I have a seemingly insatiable appetite for rocketry videos...
Just out of interest, did you get much of a (blue) flame out of 7 F72s?
--
Niall Oswald
================================

In the Big Daddy, yes. In any D12 rocket, no. Might shread some.
I'm not afraid of terrorists. I am terrorized by airport security. _george
On 13 May 2005 12:48:14 -0500, kaplow snipped-for-privacy@encompasserve.org.TRABoD (Bob Kaplow) wrote:

I just meant because the E motor is a bit LONGER than a D. So, you'd have to remove the motor clip, and use some other method of retention. <light bulb> Or, remove the thrust ring, and use a masking tape thrust ring... Hmm... :-)
Eldred

Nope. The E15 and E30 SU motors are EXACTLY the same size as a D12, and will fit in the existing clip. The RMS 24/40 is designed to do likewise, but will OCCASIONALLY have a problem. The problem comes from the forward (ejection) end of the clip. If it sticks out too far, it will catch the RMS delay/ejection closure. It's relatively simple to file it down enough that it still functions as a D12 hook, but allows the RMS casing extension to pass. It's a LOT simpler to do this BEFORE you build the rocket, but I've done it enough times on already built rockets as well. I take a rat-tail file and slip a 3" length of BT-5 over it to prevent dorking up the back end of the motor mount. Then file away, testing occasionally to check progress.
You [should] not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harm it would cause if improperly administered -- Lyndon Johnson, former President of the U.S.
Eldred Pickett wrote:

The E15 and E30 are the same size as a D12. Not sure about any other Aerotech motors, but I'm sure there are some, maybe an RMS casing.
--
John Bowles
NAR# 84674

Aerotech E. Forget the estes E...
--

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Should this be in the FAQ?
Gary?
:)
Jerry
In article snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com, Jerry Irvine at snipped-for-privacy@gte.net wrote on 5/16/05 2:01 PM:

Of course...now that they're available again.
Gary

Yes you can. I did for many years.
--

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

for all those who might want to see http://mars-rocketry.com/v-web/gallery/album36/fishrocketlaunch_002
big daddy modified for 29mm, adapted down to 24mm AeroTech F39-3T.
Clear payload compartment designed to transport a fish. in link it is full of water
Estes Chute failed. only damage was one broken fin (kit stock)
--
Tater
President of MARS Club (NAR #660)

Dorsal Fin??