new TRA website

Yes please.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Can you point toany tangible benefits besides NAR being "kept appraised"?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

And how much of that is paid from the voluntary contributions of the litigation fund, and how much is from the $30,000 allocated from the NAR general fund (i.e. from member dues) for Kyte's services on the legislative effort? Both activities seem to be hopelessly stalled.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Jones

The Litigation is in the final stages of Phase 1. Hate to say it, but that was a good investment. Donate to the litigation fund if you can.

It would be FREE for NAR to put its LEGAL acts where its litigation is, and would benefit the industry hugely. My BoT proposals on that were rejected outright.

The legislative effort by NAR is not a total waste of time, it is hugely counterproductive. I know this for a fact.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

The "rumor" is based on the NAR Secretary's report on the Summer 2003 BOT meeting minutes posted on the NAR_Sections yahoo group. I have sent a request to you through that group to please explain how we are misinterpreting the budget information given there. It seems very plainly stated that the cost of the Kyte contract is greater than the NAR budget. And that the $15 in dues increase is 2/3rds allocated to paying John Kyte (for what appears to most of us on the outside as overkill for a hopeless cause).

-John DeMar NAR #52094

Reply to
John DeMar

Laughing my ass off!

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

My post in the Sections group regarding the question you raised read as follows:

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

John DeMar wrote:

The expenditure for legislative services would be $5,000 per month, $60,000 a year. While I agree it's a sizable sum, it's not equal to the budget of the Association.

= = = = == = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Given that the total NAR Budget is about $400K annually, I don't see how $60K gets equated to the entire budget of the NAR.

(Aside: I get the sections list postings via the digest version, in an effort to manage my email stream, so I haven't see the specific request yet. If you need faster responses than my review of the digest provides, please email me directly.)

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = Mark B. Bundick mbundick - at - earthlink - dot - net NAR President www - dot - nar - dot - org

"The great enemy of truth is very often not the lie - deliberate, contrived and dishonest - by the myth - persistent, persuasive and unrealistic . . . We enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - JFK

Reply to
Mark B. Bundick

In retrospect, it seems that $100K+ spent on legal matters and $60K on lobbying would have gone further as a bribe to someone high in the BATFE...

Bob Kaplow

What makes you think they'd be honest enough to stay "bought"?

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

On 9 Nov 2003 09:38:45 -0600, kaplow snipped-for-privacy@encompasserve.org.TRABoD (Bob Kaplow) is alleged to have written:

"You will, Oscar, you will...."

- Rick "Your majesty is like a stream of bat piss" Dickinson

Reply to
Rick Dickinson