[NEWS] Hobby Rockets on NBC Nightly News

[NEWS] Hobby Rockets on NBC Nightly News

A story about lightning attracting hobby rockets (for science) was on NBC Nightly News tonight 8-21-03 in the final 3 minutes of the show.

It clearly showed a half dozen rockets from the rear and a single one flying and successfully attracting lightning.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Cool! It's good the hobby got some covereage. There was a show about that a couple of years ago on Discovery, I think, about a lab that does lightning research.

Randy

Reply to
Randy

NBC nightly news has an order of magnitude or more, higher viewer count and it was presented in a positive/neutral light. No brands mentioned. Not even Vulcan or AeroTech or U.S. Rockets.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I'm curious.

I did not see the report.

Did they use the term "Hobby Rocket" or is that just you?

I'm also curious about this hobby you describe. Is it a Ben Franklin re-enactment society? What is the nature of this hobby involving rockets and lightning?

Or is this NOT a hobby activity at all? Is it a business or a university or a government agency doing research (which is NOT a "hobby", unless you consider doing clinical trials a "hobby")?

-Fred Shecter NAR 20117

-- ""Remove "zorch" from address (2 places) to reply.

Reply to
Fred Shecter

If they are indeed the BF RE SOC we should hide the French women.

;-)