No. 2 Estes Skywriter

Has anyone found a yellow paint to make the body tube of the No. 2 Estes Skywriter match the yellow of the plastic nosecone?
Thanks, Dave
I haven't, but why not just paint the nosecone (yellow portion) with the same paint?
Krylon Fusion paint works real well on the plastic, and should be fine on the body tube as well (it's 'specially fabricated' for plastic, but says it will adhere to other materials as well.
David Erbas-White
David J. Braunegg wrote:

I was thinking the same thing, but then realized the nosecone isn't even yellow in the pics. It's gray and black.
EG, http://www.acsupplyco.com/estes/skywriter.htm
Doug

The very base of the nose is yellow (IIRC), then has a zig-zag area that is 'beige', leading up to the 'black' point. A friend of mine launched one Saturday, and this is what I seem to remember...
David Erbas-White
Doug Sams wrote:

Yes,
The very base of the nosecone is yellow, then the zigzag transition to beige to look like the raw wood of the pencil.
Dave

On Mon, 05 Jun 2006 13:05:34 -0700, David Erbas-White

We launched ours TWICE...
...second time it got stuck in a tree about 35-40 feet high and we had not way to retrieve it.